TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei HG659 2.4ghz no longer working

fiona
Level 2

Hi There

My internet has been dropping out quite often recently and since the beginning of the week have lost access to the 2.4ghz band. Can now only see the 5ghz, but this does not connect successfully on all the LAN devices either.

I have tried everything from rebooting, turning everything off, checking cables as well factory reset. 

Nothing has brought the 2.4ghz band back. The SSID setting is enable and is broadcasted, so I don't think there's more I can do.

How can I get this resolved?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @fiona,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed it.

We understand that you were able to contact our Tech team and confirmed that the modem is already faulty. They've offered and processed a new modem to be sent since you agreed to the terms.

Further updates with the modem order will be given by them.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

BasilDV

fiona
Level 2

Hi

I have now received the modem and the internet is finally working, but the phone line isn't. No light is appearing on the modem and the modem setting shows "Telephone Status: Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number." Can someone please look into and have the phone line working again?

Thanks

Shane

Hi @fiona,

Thanks for raising this to us. We can see that home phone settings is not properly configured. Please try to push the reset button (pin hole) at the back of the modem/router for 5 seconds, wait until modem's light will flash and release it.

Note: By doing this you need to reconfigure your Wireless/Wi-Fi Username and Password.

We did an article that will guide you on how to set it up available here. How to set up Huawei HG 659 modem  (see step 3).

Regards,

fiona
Level 2
Hello, I have reset the modem, but the phone line is still not working. I did get a different brand modem that was sent to me, which is now the TPlink archer vr1600v. Can the configuration please be reviewed? Thanks
Shane

Hi @fiona,

No configuration needs to be changed on the modem/router. I'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians tomorrow for further test and investigation. Feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Cheers!