TPG Community

Get online support

I want to cancel my NBN100 plan...

WeeGee
Level 2

Biggest mistake.

I live in a suburb with not that many people. I was originally with Telstra and their wifi was pretty great. I saw TPG's ad on Facebook and was very interested. BIG MISTAKE. Because I live in a suburb, apparently they didn't have enough wire? (don't know what it's called) and there am getting low speed. NBN 100 is meant to offer 'stream at 4K HD' but failed to meet that expectations. Because I recently joined their contract, they have a cooldown period. I DON'T WANT TO PAY THE COOLDOWN. They don't really say their number on cancellations either. Please give me their number and if a mod sees this. HELP ME OUT!

5 REPLIES 5
peter_k

Welcome to TPG Community,

Could you PM (Private message) me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so I can check the status here.

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,
Peter

peter_k

Hi

Once you PM me your TPG details I will look into the reason why you might be getting low speeds of which there are many, and I can help you fault find the connection if there is an issue.

All ISP's are now using the NBN Network so it will not matter which provider you are with regarding sync speed as they will all be the same.

Regards,

Peter

peter_k

Hi

I have looked up your service and these are my findings:

NBN FTTN sync speed is restricted by how far you are from the Node. If you are too far away from the Node you may not see the speed that your plan is enabled for. In your case you are on the NBN100 plan, but you are only getting 50.5M download sync speed and 25.9M Upload sync speed on the modem.

You are 600 meters from the Node and as you can see in the below graph your speed is acceptable for this distance. Your connection is Stable and not dropping out.

This is a physical limitation of copper cabling and no matter which plan you are on or which ISP you choose to go with you will not be able to increase this speed.

The only other possibility for increased speed is to ensure that you have just one phone socket in your house and that it is terminated on or as close to the NBN Leadin cable from the street. Multiple internal phone sockets can have a big impact on sync speed.

You of course have the option of changing your plan down to NBN50 as there is no point in staying on the 100M plan when you cannot obtain these speeds.

Below is a graph of what speeds are deemed acceptable for the distance from the Node.

FTTN-speed-distance-graph.png

I hope this helps you understand.

Regards,

Peter

WeeGee
Level 2

In this case, I would like to cancel. If I cancel will I have to pay for the fee? @peter_k I understand there is no point in keeping the NBN100. I would also like to point out that the Facebook Ad does not state that their is a certain area for a certain speed.

peter_k

Hi

I have sent you a PM.

Regards,

Peter