IP Address ranges

onewhitey
Level 2

Hi All

As I don't have a static IP address, can someone please advise what the TPG IP Address range is for NBN connections? (CIDR).

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
lampet
Level 3

@onewhitey wrote:

Hi All

As I don't have a static IP address, can someone please advise what the TPG IP Address range is for NBN connections? (CIDR).

Thanks,

I would like to know also. TPG must be allocated certain blocks of IP addresses.

S-Davey
Level 3

It would be wonderful if TPG could publish ranges of addresses that they allocate. I appreciate this might be a moving target, but even a partial list would be very valuable indeed. I pay the extortionate extra cost of a business NBN plan from TPG to get a whole heap of business features that are worthless... plus the invaluable fixed IP address. I really shouldn't have to pay for all the other pointless business features I don't need just to get a fixed IPv4 address.

I have friends who I need to whitelist thier IP addresses for various direct connections in to servers I run. Some of them are with TPG. I have managed to collate a few IP ranges that thier home NBN plans use, but I've no idea if this is a complete list. In fact, I'm sure it's not.

What we have to do is every few weeks I ask them to hop on to whatsmyipaddress.com. Then I use other sites to try and work out the CIDR range that block might fall in to and whitelist that range. Here's what I have so far:

60.224.0.0/11

61.68.0.0/15

So far, in the last 6 months, my friends with TPG (both in Metro Melbourne area) have always been in one of those ranges above. The first one is actally slightly more permissive than it ideally ought to be. In fact, I believe the address range is from 60.224.0.0 to 60.242.255.255, but that comes out as a set of 3 CIDR blocks, so it was easier to just allow all up to 60.255.255.255 with the /11 block above. It's not perfect and I'm probably including some other addresses I shouldn't scrictly, but it's easier to manage for now.

I really wish TPG could provide ranges of IPs that NBN users are likely to have by region. Even if they were approximate and/or incomplete, it would be a really good place to start.

Cheers.