TPG Community

Get online support

Inconsistent download speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
khockey
Level 2
We are having massive issues with having a consistent download speed to the point where its barely usable. We have repeated cycled power to our D6300 Netgear modem router and also raised a support ticket but on Dec 1st @3.57.30 we had a download speed of 0.51Mbps and upload of 0.06. There must be some other reason behind this in the Ermington exchange.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @khockey,

Thanks for clarification. We'll keep an eye on your connection. In case you experience another speed or latency issue don't hesitate to let us know.

Let us know if should you require further assistance.

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
khockey
Level 2

Just to add to this topic.

Same issues last night the range from almost nothing to over 5Mbps, ran an isolation test and still the same.

I get better 4G coverage than ADSL...not sure what I have to do to get TPG support attention

Shane

Welcome to the community, @khockey!

We'd love to help check and fix your connection.

Kindly, PM me your account details (username/customer ID or contact number associated with the account)

We'll run initial tests and get back to you once we have the results.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @khockey,

Thanks, for sending me your details.

Based on inital tests result. There's no line issue detected as of the moment your service is Connected for 18h 51m.

We will arrange one of our Technicians to contact you today for further investigation.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @khockey,

One of our Technicians tried to contact you earlier unfortunately no avail. Please let us know your preferred time and we'll have it rescheduled today.

Cheers!

khockey
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I spoke to one of the team yesterday evening and went through some tests but wasnt able to get back to them.

Of note I ran numerous tests last nignt after removing all devices from the nw and the TPG custom speed test and have lost of variance. Of interest is the PING goes from 120ms to 20ms over the course of the evening

I also ran some other neutral tests using TNM as per the link here http://testmy.net/compID/5524380140894

There are massive variances and given this was from late at night would expect little congestion.

Shane

Hi @khockey,

Thanks for clarification. We'll keep an eye on your connection. In case you experience another speed or latency issue don't hesitate to let us know.

Let us know if should you require further assistance.

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy