Internet Connection

aconnet
Level 2

My home internet connection has been down since 8:30AM to now...11:20PM Sydney time. I post the issue here as to show everyone how useless is your phone tech support. 

Called 4 tmes today to address the issue and urgency and seek for update and finally got the call transferred to someone's title - "Escalation Officer". She does not nothing more than confirm how I enter the username and password so I should be grateful as I have someone from the "escalation point" , right? 

At the end of the call, she promised me that she will update the team and have they to contact me. I ask if they will call me tonight, and she said yes. I knew it nobody will call me as I was told the engineer team finish at 10pm...(I can't remmeber what time exactly they finish work but does it matter?) but I choose to believe her BS. 

TPG, it doesn't matter you have 24hours SLA or not. At long as your customer call for update, your 1st level support team should work on the ticket and get the update. But not to repeat and repeat the same script again.

Here is funny thing....when I ask your 1st level support guy where the engineer team located, he could not tell me (even though I know they located in Sydney as I have ppl work inside your TPG), I then ask do they work 24 x7? This time your 1st support guy spoke loudly, said "they wouldn't, they have time off), I then said to him does the 24hrs SLA means 24 working hrs or simply 24 hours after the ticket created? Your 1st level guy sclient again as he smelled something not right. What not right? Becasue he knows that the team will finish some times tonight and nobody works on my ticket and magically after another 7-8 hours someone will call me because it reashes your "24 hrs SLA" timeframe!!

Anyway, no matter you understand what I said or not, I knew it I wouldnt get the internet back for sometime and everything at home will need to use tethering to acess their works (which has happened for whole day today already). If you wanted to know what happened to my account, check out Fault ID: 11643135 which has been marked as "Resolved" after our first call back. How amazing!! 

Your service is worthless. I am worked in the helpdesk field for many years too I know how call center works. You 2nd level team should give me a call as the ticket has been created for over 10 hours and customer called back. But your philippines team doesn't care about the job.

Anyway, I will complain to TIO, get ready for your explaination to them. Well....IF you cares. 

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @aconnet 

We acknowledge and realise how important internet access is during these times however, while we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

I've managed tol locate the lodged fault and it appears to be open and is being investigated by our Engineering Team. 

Furthermore, a Complaints Resolution Case Manager is also assigned as another point of contact and will be reaching out via email or phone call to work towards resolving your concern. 

I understand that the service is currrently not working but please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. Updates regarding the lodged fault will be communicated via SMS/phone call. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

aconnet
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

Thanks for replying. Don't get me wrong, I am not expecting the no internet issue got resovled within 5 mins. You can see that all I complaining was about how the team handle customer's request. Btw, I am using FTTB not NBN. 

Now...just like what I said from previous post that the 24hrs SLA includes 1/3 of sleep time (I dont mean you ppl not allowed to sleep) and I bet that today morning when someone come to work that person will update us. Guess what? We got a SMS at 8:03AM this morning saying "Your TPG service is part of an outage, No ETR yet. If you need further information please reply to this SMS". The guy use wrong terms as IF it is part of the outage, that person would have more information to share. 

I checked your website > service status but there is no issue under the section of "Current", and "Last 24 Hours" for FTTB service. There is Planned Outage for FTTB under Planned Maintanence but it was for VIC. If you count my FTTB service as part of the NBN, then there are hips of outages but those outages are start from 11-08-2021 whereas my issue was from 10-08-2021. Plus my location isn't listed or near any of the reported area at all. Any explaination of what you people mean by outage? Outage only happen to my account? I live in apartment and I know a few of my neighbours use TPG too. I checked with them and I am the only one having this "outage". Do you use the term "outage" for one signle user? Apperantly, there is something wrong with my "account" or you might say "my service" but all I need is someone provide update. I don't care you call me with "no progress", or even "we dont know what happened to your service". At least shows some respects to your customers and demonstrate TPG did listen to their customers. 

The person who SMS us did say that if we need further information, simply reply the SMS which we did request a call back to discuss the issue. Now, 3:52PM, its more than 24 hours since we create the ticket and 7 and half hours since he SMS us, the issue still exists and no one called us to discuss the issue nor troubleshoot anything (although there is nothing from my side need to be changed).

Service? This is what I am complaining. 

Ahra_G

We take customer feedback seriously and are always looking forward to improve our business and customer service, @aconnet.

I believe your service is now working and should you still require assistance or have any further concerns, you may contact the assigned Case Manager via return mail for direct assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G