TPG Community

Get online support

Internet (NBN) keeps dropping out

eg12
Level 2

This is a rubbish service. I called two weeks ago about my internet constantly dropping off and was told that my request would be made priority but no surprises, I HAVEN'T GOT A CALL! 

I had to go without any internet today, with constant drop outs in the past month. I have spent on new modem, changed all the wiring in my house and there is still no internet. 

This is utterly disappointing TPG. I've been your customer for the past 6 years and if this is how you're treating your customers, I'm walking and will tell everyone I know that your service is rubbish. 

7 REPLIES 7
Erika

Hi @eg12

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for raising this with us and we would like to offer our sincere apologies for the drop outs you are currently facing with your connection.

We would be more than happy to investigate for you to see what can be done to improve your connection’s performance.

I've located your account using your Community details and can the previous case that you've raised to us. 

Our records shows that our technician has raised the case further to our Engineering team. After conducting tests, they've identified that you are using a non supplied TPG modem which may be causing this issue. Our technical team have been attempting to contact you to discuss this but have been unable to get through. 

Our NBN plans comes with a free Wifi modem. Can you please try this modem and let us know how it goes? 

Regards, 

IamJaneS
Level 4

Erika, are you able to respond to my question regarding drop outs and mail server issues please? 

Erika

Sure @IamJaneS! Let me help. 

I've conducted test on your connection and has seen drop outs. 

It seems that there is a potential fault with the outside line that's why your internet is unstable. In line with this, I need to create a ticket and raise this to our engineers so they can have a tech to check on this. 

This case will go through an assessment and you will receive an update from our engineering team within the next 24 hours via SMS or phone call.

Should you have a preferred contact time and number, please let us know via Private Message. 

On the other hand, can you please let us know more regarding the e-mail concern? 

Regards,

IamJaneS
Level 4

Hi Erika, thanks for the reply. I would prefer an sms from the engineering team as I have speech issues, so don't like using the voice phone. My mobile number should be on file. Let me know if it's not an I'll PM you. Any time is OK to receive a message, as I am not working tomorrow.

I'd love to know why we are guaranteed to lose internet whenever it rains or storms. 100% guarantee. Always at the worst possible time! I had none of these issues with aDSL2. The last few weeks it has become more and more unstable regardless of the weather. I've had to buy extra data on my phone so I can use it as a hotspot on my computer. My neighbour is having major internet issues too. I'm not sure who their ISP is. I wonder if it has something to do with lines not being upgraded when NBN was forced upon us? We don't have fibre to the building, so don't know if that's an issue or not (we have fibre to the node or something.....not sure what that means)?

I get low internet speeds most of the time. Lower speeds than with aDSL2, even though I have paid for faster speeds. Trying to watch a YouTube video is worse than dial up speeds. I hit play, then go have a shower, get dinner ready and then I might have part of a video to watch (but lately the net has dropped out 65 times in that time, so if I get 30 seconds I'm doing well!)

Regarding the email, as stated in my thread, when the email tries to check for new messages, I get a box pop up asking for the password for each account. If I put the correct password in, it appears to accept it and any new messages are downloaded. I will then trigger an error saying password was incorrect and when it checks next time, the password prompt box pops up. It's not accepting the password. It's a pain in the proverbial to have to keep re entering the password each time the email client checks for new messages!

Erika

Hi @IamJaneS

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your connection. This case is currently under assessment and our Engineering team is working for you to see what can be done to improve your connection’s performance.

Currently, for these kinds of issues, there are many factors outside of our control which affect the Services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and quality of the network used by our wholesale provider [NBN]. 

Our Engineers will be providing you the result of their assessment [via SMS as requested] and their next step in resolving this matter within the day. I've also flagged this case to ensure that we prioritise this case for you.

In relation to the e-mail issue, we are encountering intermittent problems with our email service and investigation about the issue is still ongoing. We'll be providing you feedback as soon as additional information becomes available. 

Regards, 

IamJaneS
Level 4

Hi Erika,

The team have been in touch, via SMS. Thanks so much for all your help!

Erika

No worries @IamJaneS

I've checked on your case and can see that they've raised this with NBN. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault.

Currently, there's a possibility of sending out an NBN technician. Our Engineers will continue to contact and update you should appointment is needed via SMS. 

On the other hand, we've received an update with our network engineers that our e-mail issue should now be fixed. However, if the issue persists, please try to change your e-mail password and then retest. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,