TPG Community

Get online support

Internet connection - none

Susiecow
Level 2
The NBN connection was installed an hour ago by the technician who also installed the modem.We now have no internet. The connection is in the front room of the house but the range does not extend more than 15 metres rendering the connection useless in the next bedroom, kitchen and lounge room which is at the back of the house. All lights etc are working on the modem. The problem is the range. Please call me ASAP as I have been waiting in the help line for ages with no advice as to how long it will be before a human answers. Frustrating!!!
1 REPLY 1
Will

Hi @Susiecow

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us.

WIFI connection is usually affected by several factors like distance between devices, thick walls, other electronic devices that may interfere with the signal, among others. To give us an idea if there's still a way to boost your WIF connection, would you be able to provide us the following info:

1. Was your previous ADSL modem located in the same room where the NBN modem is?
  2. If yes and if you didn't have any WIFI issues with the ADSL modem before, then, please check this link on how to improve your WIFI connection.
  3. If the answer to 1 is No, then,would you be able to plug the ADSL modem in the room where the NBN modem is, and check if your devices in the locations you mentioned can detect and connect to the wifi of the ADSL modem? Take note that you don't need to connect the modem to a phone socket. You simply need to have it on.
  4. If you're also struggling to connect to the WIFI network of the ADSL modem, then unfortunately, this could already be a distance and an interference issue. You can still try the link I mentioned above to try and improve your WIFI connection, however if it fails, then you may consider getting a WIFI signal booster instead.

Regards,