TPG Community

Get online support

Internet connection type

casey6271
Level 2
Hi, I am trying to install a new TP-Link mesh system to give better coverage in my home. Unfortunately it failed on my first attempt. At one stage it asked me what type of internet connection I had. It defaulted to Dynamic so I just pressed that. But it did say to check with my ISP if I didn't know, so could you please let me know: 1) is dynamic correct or is there something else I should be entering here? 2) also there is no place on the new modem for a phone line. Is there any other way I can keep the landline phone using the mesh modem or not. Many thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @casey6271 ,

Welcome to the community!

We do not have information on how to set up a Mesh Devices but here are the related threads on how to setup 3rd party Mesh on TPG NBN please see the links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@casey6271 wrote:
Hi, I am trying to install a new TP-Link mesh system to give better coverage in my home. Unfortunately it failed on my first attempt. At one stage it asked me what type of internet connection I had. It defaulted to Dynamic so I just pressed that. But it did say to check with my ISP if I didn't know, so could you please let me know: 1) is dynamic correct or is there something else I should be entering here? 2) also there is no place on the new modem for a phone line. Is there any other way I can keep the landline phone using the mesh modem or not. Many thanks,

david64
Level 15

Hi @casey6271 . What model of TP-Link mesh system do you have? And what type of NBN connection?

The connection type in the router is PPPoE.

You can only keep the VOIP phone by using the TPG-supplied router as the main router.

casey6271
Level 2

Hi David,

I have the Deco X90 (2 pack) - AX6600 Tri-band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 system.

I can't see anything that looks PPPoE on the NBN router. Sorry you are talking to someone that is technically challenged. Would I find this under the unit or on the back?

Cheers

david64
Level 15

@casey6271 . There's no manual for this unit. Setup is done via app. I'm assuming you have the Deco main unit connected to the NBN box and you are not using the TPG router (Voip phone service won't work).  Or is that not the case.

The Deco internet setup should be in one place. Wan connection type is PPPoE with your username and password. If your connection type is other than FTTP, you need to set VLAN ID=2 somewhere. It might be in IPTV section for internet access. The TPLink website does have online chat. 

If you still use some other router connected to the NBN box, the setup is different.