TPG Community

Get online support

Internet constantly dropping out

Joannalee1985
Level 2
Hi there,
I currently have an ADSL2+ Home phone bundle. The internet connection has been constantly dropping out and it’s getting worse happening as often as once every few minutes. I have tried restarting everything and resetting modem, but it still drops out. It’s getting very frustrating and I’d really appreciate some help.
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Will

Hi @Joannalee1985

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. I can only imagine how frustrating this has been for you.

I checked your connection history and it does show massive dropouts. However, the tests I performed points to a possible premise issue. We need to perform another test without any devices connected to a phone socket to determine if this is an internal wiring or equipment problem.

I have organized for our Technical Team to call you tomorrow (April 4) between 1PM - 2PM VIC time so we can perform the required tests while on the phone. I have provided the mobile number we have on file. If you wish to provide a different contact number and/or preferred time for a call, send us a PM.

How to PM? Visit this link.

Regards,

Will

Hi @Joannalee1985

Our Engineering Team has raised this issue to Telstra further since the TPG technician who attended today's appointment found out a line fault in the end.

Please refer to the SMS that was sent advising you as to when Telstra can check your line. Updates pertaining to the outcome of the Telstra visit will be provided to you directly by our Engineering Team.

If you have other concerns, feel free to leave a message.

Regards,

Joannalee1985
Level 2
Thanks Will! I did receive a message about another technician visit but I’m a bit confused. The technician today said I won’t be required to be home for them to fix the line, but the message said I will need to be home. Can you please clarify this?

Thanks,
Joanna
Will

Hi @Joannalee1985

My apologies for the confusion. The Telstra appointment requires your attendance.

Regards,

Joannalee1985
Level 2
Thanks for the confirmation Will. I will make sure to be home on Wednesday, 10th April, 8-12pm.
Will

No worries, @Joannalee1985

Regards,