Internet dropouts

tndwalsh
Level 2

Hi TPG,

It's a shame I need to resort to writing in forums. I assume you want people to do this because you dont have enough people there to answer the phone. I have tried several times and got no where after 15-20mins.

My internet drops out many times through out the day since your well publicised server issues. I have read since then people have had issues with DHCP. I have a netgear modem as when I first joined TPG the two modems you provided did not work and TPG acknologed this. You also made me pay to return your faulty goods back to you which was great. Anyway I have to power down the modem and restart it to establish internet. Wi-fi works fine, modem works fine, tested else where. Can you come back to me ASAP.

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @tndwalsh,

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn-fttn/problems_connect_internet_nbn_fttn

In your case, the synchronization between the node and the modem is stable, which is an indication that there's no line fault affecting the service.

Further investigation may be required to identify what is really dropping out as it could be the Wireless connection, if you're connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi.

Wireless dropout can be eliminated by using a wired connection. If the connection will not drop on a wired device, it is likely a wireless drop outs issue and we recommend having a read of this community article which may help improve the wireless connectivity performance : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Otherwise, feel free to search Community for help or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

tndwalsh
Level 2

Hi TPG,

Yes I checked NBN outages everytime on their netwrok and there was none.

It is not the wireless connection, I know the difference between loosing worless connection and the internet light going off on the modem.

Further investigation is required, so how about you do that. Funny enough since your reply it has not dropped out today which is really coincidential. 

You have not explained why your company does not answer techincal support phone calls?

Are you going to investigate further?