Internet issue

gursat
Level 2
No internet at all from nearly three weeks in my home in Granville. Been calling TPG from days but no help. Just wasting my time calling, waiting and then coming up with no solution. Such a terrible service
5 REPLIES 5
Erika

Hi @gursat

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some issues getting your connection up and running. We'd be happy to get this followed up further and find out what's happening.

I've located your account using your Community details and can see that your case is being handled by our Engineering team. 

After conducting series of tests, our Engineers detected a physical issue with the line that's affecting your internet services. Telstra maintains the copper cable to connect your services. Hence, we've requested to have their technicians to be sent out. 

Regrettably, due to similar issues in the area, Telstra technicians are experiencing overwhelmingly high workloads and tech response times are longer than normal and has caused this delay. 

We are escalating your case to Telstra to fast track your resolution time. We understand what your service means to you and apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards, 

gursat
Level 2
Five weeks.... still same... don’t have internet at all.
Team is not able to help but being very unprofessional. They have been delaying and giving me a different date every time I call.
Every person I talk to say the same thing.. I don’t know about this and that.

They have deducted money from my account despite no service from five weeks. When asked for return they did not. Asked them to cancel my service but no help.

I don’t know where to go for help. Staff is not helpful at all. They put calls on hold for minutes and minutes then come up with same anwer either giving next date or saying they don’t know.

Very frustrated
Erika

Hi @gursat

Sorry you feel this way, that's not what we want to hear at all.

We certainly would like to have this issue sorted for you as soon as possible. 

Telstra owns and manages the copper network within Australia and even TPG needs to rely on Telstra for provisioning of service and fault resolution related to the copper network.

Telstra has advised us that due to a series of extreme weather events across the nation (known as Mass Service Disruption- MSD), there has been a significant increase in the number of Telstra services being reported as faulty.

As a result, Telstra’s Technicians have been redeployed to assist in re-establishing services in the affected regions. This redeployment of resources has impacted service provisioning times and Telstra’s Technicians appointments are being rescheduled as what happened previously on your previous appointments. 

A Telstra technician has been sent out last 17 January and has confirmed a damage cable has been affecting your service. Replacement of the cables has been requested and their estimated restoration date is by 23 January. 

Nonetheless, I understand that the assigned engineer has been in touch with you and has informed you regarding the cancellation of your account. 

Update will be provided by the assigned Engineer tomorrow as advised. 

We will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible. 

Regards, 

gursat
Level 2
I had to cancel the service.

On 11/03/2019 I called TPG and asked if you have solved the issue. They said the issue was from Telstra and now all clear and you will be able to access the Internet straightaway. I told them I will only join TPG if things has been fixed. They said yes. So I joined and paid $160 + 59.99 advance on 11/03.

They said by 5 days it will be active.

I called them to help me to adjust the
On 18/03/2019. The lady over the phone told me there is a problem in your unit so not able to connect the internet. I asked that lady what’s about Telstra lines and all the issues, she said it is fixed but issue is in your unit. So a TPG technician was scheduled for 22/03.

On 22/03 - I cancelled my job. A technician comes and says there is no issue in the unit or building but with Telstra. And they said there will be a technician from Telstra on 27/03 from 8am-12pm

Today on 27/03 - I called TPG at 0900 as I was scared and has lack of trust on TPG. I asked if Telstra technician is coming and lady on phone said he is.

10am - callee again and asked if technician is coming they said wait because it’s not 12 yet.

1115am - called TPG and asked again. We were on the phone till 1245, talking about issues and all that. And then what - TPg says appointment is cancelled and is rescheduled for 01/04.

Is this serious ?

That’s how you treat your customer ?

Why I was told lies and given wrong information ?

Every time I call TPG, they have same sentences and words to say to me. Apologies, work load, sorry we will reschedule and all that.

Who is responsible to provide a satisfactory service to a customer ?

When a customer doesn’t pay they you take action against customer. What about when you lie, give wrong information, hold a customer for hours and hours, don’t come up with a solution ?

What is your time frame to fix an issue ??

Will

Hi @gursat

We regret to hear that you're considering canceling the service.

I went through the case history to have a better understanding about the issue. We initially sent a TPG technician on March 22 to investigate as to why your service has not been working since the tests that we're getting at that time is pointing to a possible internal wiring issue only. The TPG technician on March 22 then advised that it has to be raised to Telstra.

The information regarding the missed Telstra appointment for today came in around 12NN which is too late for us to be able to advise you beforehand. As was discussed with you by our Engineering Team, the appointment was missed due to Mass Service Disruption.

I can see that there's now a Complaints Resolution Case Manager assigned to your concern who will be your sole contact for this case. Please allow our complaints team some time to assess your case. They will be in touch with you in the next 24 hours via email or phone to discuss your complaint.

If you have other concerns, do let us know.

Regards,