TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps dropping out when connecting to a company VPN

adsl
Level 3

i have reinstaaled windows and have discovered everytime i connect to download a torrent i get disconnected firstly on my etherrnet then when i connect to wifi that disconnects too. i reboot my modem and start to try download and nothing happens. then when i change the port it works for a while. this leading me to believe it is TPG PLAYING GAMES WITH MY CONNECTION

BasilDV

We don't see any gains on performing those things in the service of our customers @adsl.

We are here to help you with your concern. Just send your new TPG account details via PM for us to assist you.

BasilDV

adsl
Level 3

after days of 'tech support i now have to wait for nbn to check things out. I have done a bit of research and have discovered that the router supplied may not be able to handle the traffic resuting in dropouts. . If i buy an updated  more suitable router does the TPG  support eg assist with setup of a different router.  Does it need to be a specific type? thankyou

Shane

Yes, you can purchase a modem/router as long as it is NBN compatible but we do not recommend to purchase a new modem while there is an ongoing open fault. Send us your details via PM to better understand the situation of the escalated fault. 

Regards,

after days of 'tech support i now have to wait for nbn to check things out. I have done a bit of research and have discovered that the router supplied may not be able to handle the traffic resuting in dropouts. . If i buy an updated  more suitable router does the TPG  support eg assist with setup of a different router.  Does it need to be a specific type? thankyou

adsl
Level 3

After hours on the phone to helpdesk and a return call from engineer that nothing was wrong i asked for a new modem as i felt it was the modem/router as the information from the net was getting to the modem/router but not being process to my computer. I suggest a factory reset  and got told no need to do that.. Well after i was advised a new modem/router was going to be sent  I felt nothing lost by doing a factory reset. I went through the process and ever since not one cut out of internet. Everything that happened before seems to be fixed. Well at least so far.

Shane

Glad to know that our Engineers has contacted you to provide an update, and the factory reset somehow fixed the issue. Expect another call or SMS for any updates from the assigned Engineer handling this case.

After hours on the phone to helpdesk and a return call from engineer that nothing was wrong i asked for a new modem as i felt it was the modem/router as the information from the net was getting to the modem/router but not being process to my computer. I suggest a factory reset  and got told no need to do that.. Well after i was advised a new modem/router was going to be sent  I felt nothing lost by doing a factory reset. I went through the process and ever since not one cut out of internet. Everything that happened before seems to be fixed. Well at least so far.