TPG Community

Get online support

Internet keeps dropping out

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @Mode,

We will chase and raise this to our Engineering Team for additional reference on the ongoing fault investigation. Expect an updates from the assigned Engineer within 24-48hrs. 

Should you require assistance you may send us a PM.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi, just writing back to confirm that my internet is still not working even after staying at home on Thursday for another technician to replace my NBN ntu with no change. Just had internet cut out about 30 times today that I know of and now it has conveniently stopped at 9pm just when I can't call again. Also extra customer service points for me calling this afternoon to report the constant dropping and told that an engineer would call back in an hour. Still waiting 7 hours for a call. I would be fired if it took me this long to fix an issue like this. The whole system is pretty simple kids. A modem/router connected to an NTU which is cabled to some intermediate point connected to another point that then hands off to TPGs network. How you cannot fix this issue after this long is beyond me. I have now put in a complaint to the TIO and hopefully that will start things off. Haven't seen a cent back after any of these outages or the forced purchase of a new modem. I think maybe fair trading should be involved or the ACCC for charging while not providing a service.

Shane

Hi @Mode,

Looking at the latest update on the escalated fault, we can see that one of our Engineers has reached you and provided details of the escalated fault. We'll keep an eye on this until the fault is resolve. Should you require more assistance, feel free to send us a PM. We are always here to help.

Regards,

Hi, just writing back to confirm that my internet is still not working even after staying at home on Thursday for another technician to replace my NBN ntu with no change. Just had internet cut out about 30 times today that I know of and now it has conveniently stopped at 9pm just when I can't call again. Also extra customer service points for me calling this afternoon to report the constant dropping and told that an engineer would call back in an hour. Still waiting 7 hours for a call. I would be fired if it took me this long to fix an issue like this. The whole system is pretty simple kids. A modem/router connected to an NTU which is cabled to some intermediate point connected to another point that then hands off to TPGs network. How you cannot fix this issue after this long is beyond me. I have now put in a complaint to the TIO and hopefully that will start things off. Haven't seen a cent back after any of these outages or the forced purchase of a new modem. I think maybe fair trading should be involved or the ACCC for charging while not providing a service.