1. Typically I was getting 35 - 40 Mbps until the last two weeks where speeds have been 10 -15 Mbps and there have been frequent dropouts that usually last 1-2 minutes but occasionally a little longer. There is no reported NBN FTN issues for my Canberra location.
I have reset the Huawei modem/router several times but to no avail.
2. On several apple devices I have warning messages that my wifi connection has weak security. The recommended setting is WPA3. My modem/router doesn't support this standard. Is the solution a new modem/router?
There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
If the issue persists, please send your Customer ID or username via PM in order for us to check the status of your service.