Internet speed

SOLVED Go to solution
Bradanderic
Level 2
Can someone check my line, as I usually get around 58-60 mbps but getting around 22 mbps. All troubleshooting done and still same problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Bradanderic,

Thanks for raising this to us, we're able to locate the account and ran an initial test, the result shows the service is getting a passing speed on the line and no line fault were found. In the event that the affected devices with the speed issue are the one connected via Wi-Fi, this could be caused by wireless interference. 

Here are some articles that you may find helpful to improve the wireless connection at home.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Bradanderic,

Thanks for raising this to us, we're able to locate the account and ran an initial test, the result shows the service is getting a passing speed on the line and no line fault were found. In the event that the affected devices with the speed issue are the one connected via Wi-Fi, this could be caused by wireless interference. 

Here are some articles that you may find helpful to improve the wireless connection at home.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Bradanderic
Level 2
Hi, we never get the 50mb speed limit, we at most will get between 17.7 download up to 38.9 and 12.6 to 19.2 upload. Iprimus and Optus advised the next generation should fix this as it allows more devices to be connected. Right now all I have is 4 Devices connected
Shane

Hi @Bradanderic,

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I responded to your initial post and awaiting for your reply, please check your inbox. So we can proceed with the initial investigation and see what causing slow connection with the service. 

Regards,

Hi, we never get the 50mb speed limit, we at most will get between 17.7 download up to 38.9 and 12.6 to 19.2 upload. Iprimus and Optus advised the next generation should fix this as it allows more devices to be connected. Right now all I have is 4 Devices connected