Interrupted nbn

Faye25
Level 2
I have sent you a message before which thank you you answered my question. I am have a major problem with all the work being done on the non in my street, there have been at least 10 in the last month at the moment there is one happening and I just received another message say another is planned for the 23rd. My question is why am I paying for full nbn and not getting it I can't use my internet for hours at a time. I have spoken to neighbours and their internet is not being interrupted
2 REPLIES 2
Fionashley
Level 2
I, as with Faye25 have the same question. 14 “planned maintenance” messages in the past 12 weeks and a inconsistent network with intermittent outages (I download the logs each time). As of 14th Nov 2021 we’ve (Caulfield South, Vic) been either without or had intermittent internet. As of 15/11/2021, your status page showed this as ‘ current’ until 4:30pm then moved to “Planned” for 16/11/2021. People are still working from home so this is unacceptable. Why so many planned outages? Cannot the job be down correctly the first time. Why such poor communication? An SMS was sent that a planned outage was due for the 12/11/2021 but didn’t occur (and this is not the first time) As Faye25 mentioned there is another planned outage on Nov 23rd, that has not been communicated to YOUR customers yet. You can point the blame at NBN all you want, we pay YOU not NBN. They provide you SLA’s when you buy wholesale and when that isn’t met NBN are obliged to pay you for not meeting that SLA. Nothing is being provided back to the customer.. nothing. This is the quickest way to watching people move to other companies, so keep doing what you are doing TPG and watch people leave.
BasilDV

Hi All,

Thanks for raising this with us.

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

The planned maintenance for every customer might be different as there's a lot of POI (Point Of Interconnect) for every NBN service.

You may send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to look into your account for further assistance.

BasilDV