TPG Community

Get online support

Is change to nbn compulsory?

Joannalee1985
Level 2
Hi there,

I currently have an ADSL2+ connection and am just wondering if a change to nbn is compulsory when it becomes available? I’m perfectly happy with what I have and with the new nbn service, the cheapest plan will still be more expansive than what I’m paying.

Thanks in advance,
Joanna
3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @Joannalee1985

Thank you for your query.

The NBN is the National Broadband Network that is currently being rolled out around the country by the Australian Government. 

The NBN Fibre Technology is currently being rolled out around the country by the Australian Government. Once the NBN has rolled out in your area, you will have 18 months before the old network (ADSL) will be switched off if you're still on it.

Unfortunately, there's no way of getting around this, as everyone will have to move over eventually as all copper lines will soon be decommissioned. 

Please be advised that NBN rollout depends on the technology available in your area and its availability per houses, as well as streets will also depend on NBN Co.

You can register your interest here: http://tpg.com.au/nbn#register-your-interest and one of our team will be in contact once your address is NBN ready. Your pre-order application is monitored each day and we will just automatically submit your application as soon as your address becomes NBN serviceable. 

Should you have further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Joannalee1985
Level 2
Thanks for your reply Ahra! It all makes sense now.
Ahra_G

You're very welcome, @Joannalee1985

Feel free to contact us again should you require any assistance. 

Cheers!