TPG Community

Get online support

Is there any way to lower ping to overseas gaming servers?

brendanting
Level 2
Hi,

I am an Overwatch player who frequently plays with friends in the South East Asian / Asian region. I usually get ping of 210-250 or so. I know that this is normal because of the geographical distance. However, I used to get around 80-100 ping when I was with Dodo NBN last year. Is there anyway that I can improve the ping? I am with TPG FTTB in Melbourne CBD.
2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @brendanting,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we were able to check the status of your connection.

We are not detecting any fault on the line or network at the moment, but we'd like to investigate further to identify what is causing the issue.

Please run a Ping and Traceroute test at the time you experience the issue. Please send us the screenshots so we can review it.

We'll wait for your response. Thank you.

JohnnyR
Level 3

Hi @brendanting,

You may wanna try to check this link https://kb.netgear.com/19863/Ping-Test-to-determine-Optimal-MTU-Size-on-Router, I'd tried it my self and got a better ping on League of Legends.

Please proceed with caution as you may need to get in to your modem/router setting to do some tweaking specific to MTU or anything synonimous to it, see the screenshot of my Ciscon Modem where I saw an option similar to MTU.

Note: Proceed at your own Risk.