TPG Community

Get online support

Legitimate emails being redirected to spam folder

SOLVED Go to solution
gab4moi
Level 2

For the last three days 90% of my emails, most of them regular and legitimate ones, are not in my inbox, but when checked, they have been misplaced in my spam folder.  This is the first time in fifteen years this has happened, and it is very annoying.  Any advice from devs or posters would be welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gab4moi
Level 2

Hi Shane, BasilDV and other posters to this thread,

Since starting the thread I followed advice here from BasilDV and in a helpdesk email response from Philip.  I changed my email filter settings from Medium to Low and directed that spam labelled emails be sent to my inbox, not my spam filter.  I am fairly sure my setting was Low previously, so maybe the system had reset this to medium somehow, although I cannot be certain about this.  Since resetting the filter level over a week ago, I have had no emails redirected to my spam filter and only two or three legitimate emails marked as spam sent to my inbox.  I have had the occasional amorous Eastern European entity sneak through to my inbox but my Mailwasher protection has intercepted them, as has been the case for years now.  (Will they never learn, lol!)  So the issue seems to have been resolved for me, at least for the past week or so.  I will continue to monitor emails and check this thread for a while to be certain, but so far so good.  Thanks to all for their contributions and advice to date.   

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BasilDV

Hi @gab4moi 

Welcome to TPG Community!

You might need to change the settings on your Mail Filter settings.

If the emails that you are expecting is coming from a certain email addresses, then you may set it to "Address Filtering" (Allowed Email Address).

Regards,

BasilDV

gab4moi
Level 2

Thanks BasilDV,

Looking at settings and various suggestions, but the default settings have worked fine for over ten years, I get emails from multiple legit sources, mostly from local and international media sites, long time friends etc.  Suddenly, three days ago, most of these regular emails are ending up in the spam folder.  There is no logic or reason this should happen.  Even recent TPG help emails are going there!  I have reset my filter level to low and directed spam emails to be sent to my inbox (suitably labelled) to see if this changes things as a stop gap.  But there must be a reason for this sudden overnight aberrant change of filtering, without me needing to redirect multiple email addresses to my inbox?  Very strange...   

BasilDV

Thank you for the update, @gab4moi

There's no reported issues within our Mail server that could start this to issue.

Observe it further after you changed the settings and let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

BasilDV

gab4moi
Level 2

Thanks BasilDV, will do...

Sduffie
Level 2

I'm having this same problem, legitimate emails being sent to spam for the last week.

Regards,

Steve.

BasilDV

Hi @Sduffie,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Have you tried changing the filtering of your email? If not, try to change your 'Junk mail Filtering' to medium or low, you may also set an 'Address filtering' that will allow the common email to be directed to your Inbox.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

BasilDV

adsljw8s
Level 3

I've also been having the same problem for the last week or so, I have reduced the filter settings tonight to see how it goes

Shane

Hi @adsljw8s,

Welcome to the community!

Do not hesitate to post an update on this thread.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

martinb8
Level 2

I'm having the same problem. Emails from sources that have never gone to Spam are now going there. Several every day. My wife is also having the same problem.