TPG Community

Get online support

Limit to the number of recipients in outgoing email

manij
Level 2

Hello 

I have a IMAP account withTPG and I am trying to send an email to about 31 recipients.  For 6 recipients I get a message from TPG -R02 - server error 452 4.5.3 [TPG-R02] too many recipients.  It could be that tpg outgoing mail server on port 25 has restrictions for 25 recipients.   Is this the case - if so how can I increase the number of recipients

If I use a Telstra SMTP server I don't have this problem.   However I want to use the TPG outgoing mail server.

As a 2nd question what are the settings for ouygoing Authentication in smtp in tpg.  

with thanks

Mani

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

HI @manij ,

If you are sending e-mails to a large number of recipients (Exp: More that 50 recipients) please enable the SMTP authentication on the e-mail client settings to avoid getting banned by the server.

Our mail server will only allow a maximum of 300 email recipient per batch, if it exceeds you will experience SMPT authentication restriction.

Note: You also need to consider the file size of the email attachment POP3 and IMAP can only handle up to 20MB attached file.

If you require to send an 470 to 500 emails. We recommend to do it by batch. 300 recipient per batch and It is best if you give 15mins interval before you send another batch of 300.

Note: Ensure that SMTP Authentication enabled and you're sending from a TPG connection (connected via TPG service).

For more email settings please see the link below, 

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/emailsetting.

Let us know should you require further assistance. Cheers!

@manij wrote:

Hello 

I have a IMAP account withTPG and I am trying to send an email to about 31 recipients.  For 6 recipients I get a message from TPG -R02 - server error 452 4.5.3 [TPG-R02] too many recipients.  It could be that tpg outgoing mail server on port 25 has restrictions for 25 recipients.   Is this the case - if so how can I increase the number of recipients

If I use a Telstra SMTP server I don't have this problem.   However I want to use the TPG outgoing mail server.

As a 2nd question what are the settings for ouygoing Authentication in smtp in tpg.  

with thanks

Mani

2021JednDi
Level 2

RE: <Our mail server will only allow a maximum of 300 email recipient per batch>

I have an email ONLY account/s with TPG & have SMTP Authentication enabled BUT I am NOT sending from a TPG connection (connected via TPG service).

I keep getting bounces (452 4.5.3 [TPG-R02] Too many recipients) for my Mens Shed which has about 60 email recipients.

What are my maximum allowed email recipients per email?

Shane

Hi @2021JednDi,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I recommend to raise this directly to our postmaster to get faster solution, you may send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au

Regards,

RE: <Our mail server will only allow a maximum of 300 email recipient per batch>

I have an email ONLY account/s with TPG & have SMTP Authentication enabled BUT I am NOT sending from a TPG connection (connected via TPG service).

I keep getting bounces (452 4.5.3 [TPG-R02] Too many recipients) for my Mens Shed which has about 60 email recipients.

What are my maximum allowed email recipients per email?

IvoryHoward
Level 2

GetProspect, a leading provider of CRM lead generating services, is only one of several notable names in the industry. For each kind of marketing firm, GetProspect's premium solution has a broad range of capabilities. It includes features like lead capture forms, sales capture pages, and lead management and email lists. Automated lead generation is a feature of email finder add-on for Google Sheets. This is good for both customers and company owners - https://getprospect.com/email-finder-addon-google-sheets . For customers, this means that they will no longer have to manually send leads. GetProspect will begin producing leads for them as soon as they provide their information. The consequence is a reduction in the amount of time and effort spent on lead generation.