TPG Community

Get online support

Lose internet when it rains

Michaelherps
Level 3
So my internet continues to drop out as soon as it rains more than a sprinkle. I have previously raised this on this forum and one of the mods privately messaged me and told me they have checked my lines and could not detect a problem and wanted me to contact the technical support team as soon as it happens next time.

It has happened numerous times since March 8, including 5 minutes ago when it started raining. However due to TPGs covid staffing changes I have been unable to contact the techs real time when the problem occurs.

Obviously there is an issue in one of the pits when water trips the connection. How do I go about rectifying this when your previously suggested solution (contacting staff real time) is clearly impossible.
2 REPLIES 2
gindi88
Level 3

Go out front of your house next time we get solid rain and it goes out in a permanent feeling way.
Find your Telstra pit... look through the hole in the lid of the pit for water.

If you see water in there - you'll need to make something to cover the pit.

This is what we did, and it fixed our drop outs (it was taking days for the pit to drain so we were without internet for days at a time).

Good luck.

Ken-C

Hi there 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

kind regards