Lowest speed

Newadsluser
Level 2

I got my new internet connection, TPG ADSL and I use TpLink ADSL2+ modem.  The speed shown in the modem UI web page is 5Meg down and 1Meg up.  Same is shown on wired and wireless devices connected to that modem.  Feels like I am back to the days of 56k dialup modems.  Is this the max speed I can get on this ADSL link?  Any solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
solar1714
Level 3

Do you have a phone connected to the line? That's about the speed I had with an unfiltered phone attached.

Newadsluser
Level 2

There is no phone attached on the line.  From the only one wall socket, directly connected to the modem.

Any advise?

Shane

Hi @Newadsluser,

ADSL2+ connection speed depends on the distance of copper wire going to the Telstra Exchange.

I would love to help and see what is the passing speed available in your location.

Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Home phone number associated with the account).

In case you need a reference. How to send a private message.

Shane

@Newadsluser wrote:

I got my new internet connection, TPG ADSL and I use TpLink ADSL2+ modem.  The speed shown in the modem UI web page is 5Meg down and 1Meg up.  Same is shown on wired and wireless devices connected to that modem.  Feels like I am back to the days of 56k dialup modems.  Is this the max speed I can get on this ADSL link?  Any solutions?

Hi @Newadsluser,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I ran inital tests on your connection and getting 5.2mbps download and 1mbps upload speed is passing based on your location which is 3328m away from the exchange. You can visit this link to check the your address location.

Let me know should you require further assistance. Smiley Happy