Mailbox creation

Smidsy
Level 2

Anyone know when mailbox creation is going to be fixed - it's been down for quite a while.

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @Smidsy,

We do not have an update yet on when the slave email creation will become available again. Hence, we can arrange a callback with our Accounts Team to assist you with this. To proceed, shoot us a PM with your details and best contact time.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Anyone know when mailbox creation is going to be fixed - it's been down for quite a while.

Smidsy
Level 2

I live in rural Qld with not great phone service.
Am I able to do this via email - provide a password and a couple of variations for the email address?
Also, what is the minimum number of characters for an email address these days?

Rica_R

Hi, @Smidsy.

You can pm us the email address that you want to add, we can check if they are available. For your security and privacy, once you have decided on an email add, we can have a representative do a quick phone call to conduct security check before we proceed with the email creation.

Smidsy
Level 2

As I stated earlier I live in an area with bad phone coverage - which means I will have to get in my car, drive to better phone coverage and sit on the phone in order to perform a task which should be able to be completed in 30 seconds on my pc.
I would be emailing you from a TPG email address which is protected by a 9 character password containing both upper & lower case characters and numbers - it does not get any more secure than that.
Customer service is meant to help the customers not hinder them - I know this because I'm an ex telstra and ex iinet staffer.
Unless it's to tell me how this task can be completed online do not bother responding.

BasilDV

Hi @Smidsy

Since our team will not be able to contact you via phone call due to coverage concern, then we may need to check this with our Privacy team.

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

Smidsy
Level 2

For starters the add slave email function is not down due to technical reasons, it was taken down as a so called "security measure" - if it's not back up when I move house next year myself and five family members will be going to another ISP.
Creating a slave email address should be a thirty second task via account tools.
Having to call support, wait 40 minutes for a call back, then spend 30 minutes on the phone AND THEN, have to email personal details including phone number, email address, a selfie and an MDL scan to your privacy team goes far far beyond absurd and farcical.
This is not a new account it's a slave email address on a five year old account - you've taken fees off my credit card for five years, my ID is well proven and to demand that information is a disgusting waste of my time.
If that email address is not active by COB Monday a TIO complaint is on it's way!
Don't bother replying!
Don't bother trying to justify, excuse or explain this because making a customer go to so much trouble over such a nothing task is inexcusable!
No wonder TPG once led the industry in TIO complaints - I see those days are coming back!

Shane

Hi @Smidsy,

If you do not wish to send an email to our Privacy Team the other option is we can go to a place where you can get a mobile reception then we can arrange our Accounts Team to contact you to setup the additional Slave E-mail address.

Shoot us a PM with your details to proceed.

Please understand that this security measure is mandated by the government.

Regards,

For starters the add slave email function is not down due to technical reasons, it was taken down as a so called "security measure" - if it's not back up when I move house next year myself and five family members will be going to another ISP.
Creating a slave email address should be a thirty second task via account tools.
Having to call support, wait 40 minutes for a call back, then spend 30 minutes on the phone AND THEN, have to email personal details including phone number, email address, a selfie and an MDL scan to your privacy team goes far far beyond absurd and farcical.
This is not a new account it's a slave email address on a five year old account - you've taken fees off my credit card for five years, my ID is well proven and to demand that information is a disgusting waste of my time.
If that email address is not active by COB Monday a TIO complaint is on it's way!
Don't bother replying!
Don't bother trying to justify, excuse or explain this because making a customer go to so much trouble over such a nothing task is inexcusable!
No wonder TPG once led the industry in TIO complaints - I see those days are coming back!

Smidsy
Level 2

I have complied with your absurd demands because I have no other option!
TPG has been charging my credit card since July 2017, that card number allows you to make any checks you desire, the demand for a five year customer to provide the information demanded, just to add a slave email address to an existing account is absurd and ludicrous.

If there has been a change in the laws or TPG policy and more ID IS required of account holders, then have the decency to say so openly instead of wasting customers time.

I went through this once, but I will not go through it again - if the create slave email function is not restored when I move house next year I will change providers and take five family members with me.
Discussion over!