TPG Community

Get online support

Massive amount of spam

adeane1
Level 2

This morning at 5:42 AM, I checked my emails and received 81 "Account Verfication" emails from xxxxxx@tpg.com.au, requesting I click on the link provided in the emails to "...avoid cancellation of sending  and receiving email."

Then at 8:55 AM I received another 162 emails from samann9@tpg.com.au with the same message and link.

I'm just waiting for the mail server to block me, as it routintely does when I receive large volumes of spam. This has been happening, on and off, for quite some time. And now, thanks to the two-step/three-step/verification foxtrot I am forced to dance each time, I am eagerly awaiting the inability to send/receive emails or even log into my online account, followed by numerous phone calls and setting up of extra gmail accounts in order to have the problem fixed.

Have a better one,

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @adeane1 

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve this.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

adeane1
Level 2

Aw geez, guess what happened? The same thing that happens every time I start getting large numbers of spam emails, as expected.

"Receiving reported error (0x800CC92) : "Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR failed: Could not find server"

Here we go again...