TPG Community

Get online support

Modem MIA for 20 days

AussieGav
Level 2
It's one thing for a modem to go missing en route to Canberra. It’s another thing for the “urgent delivery” of a replacement to NEVER be sent. It’s something else again when the second “urgent delivery” hasn’t been dispatched 72 hours later. But it’s REALLY something when your patience wears thing after almost 20 days, you cancel the account and then get told you’ll be charged $350 for the privilege of being messed around for three weeks — plus the initial $99. Oh, and you’re unable to talk to anyone in the cancellation team. Absolutely unacceptable. Telco ombudsman seems the next step
8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @AussieGav,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Thank you for raising this with us. I can only imagine how frustrating your experience has been. I reviewed the account and learned that our accounts team is still assessing the case for waiving the $350 fee and refund request.

I'll chase this up with them and have someone to contact you within the day.

Kind regards,

AussieGav
Level 2
After ANOTHER email saying I owe $350 for the cancellation fee, I’ve sent this to your colleagues in the customer “service” team: “The modem going missing once was disappointing and frustrating, but I was willing to accept that. The promised “urgent” replacement on January 13 that was NEVER sent was unacceptable and then, after being told on January 20 there would be an overnight delivery and then finding out the modem hadn’t been dispatched by lunchtime on January 23 was the final straw. Waiting 20 days for a modem when I live in a capital city <300km from head office — despite multiple promises — demonstrates a failure of TPG to deliver on its obligations.”
BasilDV

Hi @AussieGav,

I have raised this to our Accounts team and notified them about the reply that you've done on the email that was sent to you.

Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Kind regards,

Riezl

Hi @AussieGav,

We can see that our Accounts Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised. The Team is keeping a close eye on this case and will be in touch to provide additional updates.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

AussieGav
Level 2
Well, two weeks later, still no resolution to this issue. Indeed, after being assured I’d get an update within 48 hours, 16 days have passed. Still waiting for my refund and confirmation that the unjust cancellation fee has been waived.
BasilDV

Hi @AussieGav,

I'll chase this with our Accounts team for further update. Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused us.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day @AussieGav,

I understand that your case manager has been in touch and was able to discuss the resolution of this case and likewise agreed with it. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

AussieGav
Level 2
Well, about 80% has been resolved. The $350 cancellation fee has finally been removed from my account but I’ve still paid $99.99 for zero internet access (charge for first month). I’m told those are charges incurred by TPG from NBN setting up my account. I’ve asked NBN to confirm that it charges $99 to connect a customer when NBN is already installed at a property.