TPG Community

Get online support

Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders)

robbisignano
Level 2

Hi,

Last weekend I moved over 1500 emails (approx 6 months worth of emails received from my clients) into subfolders (for each client) on icloud so that I can manage and find emails quicker and easier.  I also moved these very important business critical emails to icloud as the storage capacity of the TPG mail server is 2GB (I have an IMAP account).

I managed to successfully move over a similar amount of emails that I "sent" to various clients into their folders on icloud and they all appear to be there.  However 95% of the emails I "received" from clients that I moved over to icloud have all disappeared.  They never went to icloud.  I have confirmed this with Apple support.

I would like to know where these emails are..........they have gigabytes worth of data within the attachments.

This is an urgent mater and I really need to get all those emails returned back to the server.

I can only think that there has been a syncronisation problem here.

Previous to this I also had emails sent to me received hours after the sender sent to me and on one occasion the next morning.  This has been a nightmare and stressful to say the least.

They messages were never deleted.  They have to be somewhere.

Someone please help.

Robert

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @robbisignano

Thanks for raising this with us.

We'd like to look into your account and see what we can do to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the Email address in question.

BasilDV

Scubayorp
Level 3

Hi,

I've just had a similar experience. I recently converted my TPG mail account from POP to IMAP. Today, I discovered that all my SENT emails up until 9PM last night (AWST), have gone!

robbisignano
Level 2

yep.  its a disgrace.  Caused a lot of pain for me.  Couldn't believe they had no back up at all after one day.  It was a joke

Scubayorp
Level 3

Yes, this is HUGE for me.

THOUSANDS of emails or years, have simply vanished. 95% of them are work related.

Coincidentally, the same thing has happened to my new GoDaddy MS Outlook account so maybe there's a virus going around.

I'm making sure that my settings ensure every email I send is BCC'd to myself but this obviously isn't a cure.

robbisignano
Level 2

Was huge for me too.

Was in a panic for a couple of months 

One thing I make sure of now when moving to icloud is that I wait for it to sync and do it in small blocks.  If you don't wait for it t sync you're stuffed.

Good luck mate.  I even called a recovery place, they had zero luck.  Useless.

robbisignano
Level 2

Your problem is a bit different.  Yours is the fault of TPG.  But good luck speaking to anyone that has any knowledge.