Moving Home

Scrooge
Level 2

Hello TPG Community.

I just joined the 'Community' but have been a TPG customer for 15+ years.

My wife and I are 'moving home' and our TPG experience to date - and we havent even moved yet - has been, in a word, "awful" ...

You cannot believe how time consuming and frustrating our ‘moving home’ experience has been with TPG – over a number of sessions in the past 2 weeks, 7+ hours of waiting for ‘chat’, having to ‘type’ conversations that take up to an hour to complete as a result - which would take minutes in a ‘verbal conversation’ - and, frankly, a really low quality on-line portal (the chat page is like something out of the 1990s) and terribly poor follow-up once you complete the process online of providing all the data requested - and just a complete frustration in getting someone / anyone to contact you, which has proved almost impossible. 

TPG’s decision to only provide access for customers exclusively via ‘online chat’ is not in line with all it's competitors or other services providers. For example, Telstra, Optus, Vodaphone and every other service provider we have had to work with as part of my moving home process, have, and continue to, provide direct telephone support to their customer. TPG have taken an exclusively 'isolationalist position' in this regard.

TPG cannot, in my view, hide behind the 'pandemic' as the reason for the abysmal deterioration in the customer experience - other service providers are doing so much better.

And I have no criticism of the poor souls who are at TPG doing the 'chat responses', but without an 'in-parallel' telephone access option, it’s just been a terrible time-consuming experience, so far, for me, working with TPG on my ‘Moving Home’ process … and this is at the time an enormous number of TPG customers – I’m sure – are considering which NBN ISP to go with as it's rolled out around Australia.

TPG senior management, in my view, have made a very poor decision to shut-down telephone inquiry and support for it’s customers.

Are others experiencing similar or the same frustrations?

What can TPG do to improve the 'customer experience'?

5 REPLIES 5
David_M

Hi @Scrooge 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

Scrooge
Level 2

Thanks David_M,

Just wanted to let you know that 20 minutes ago my TPG experience changed.

I had someone contact me from the 'Moving Home' team (by phone), we worked through all the outstanding items and 'bingo', I'm all set to move ...

I'm not sure if my post to the TPG Community had an influence on the outcome, but what ever, I'm now clear on the way forward ...

Thanks for being there!

Cheers,
Simon

David_M

Hi @Scrooge 

There are 2x services linked to your account.

Can you please tell me which postcode/service it is you are looking to re-locate?

Have you started any online/email applications?

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/Moving-your-TPG-services/td-p/17838

https://www.tpg.com.au/moving-home-support/more-information

regards,

David_M

David_M

Hi @Scrooge 

Ok... THATS GREAT!!!

We really are doing all we can for our customers, our normal systems have been turned on its head and all work-forces are re-deploying to FOH assistance.

regards,

David_M

Scrooge
Level 2

Hi David_M,

I think I'm all good to move forward following the contact from TPG - thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,

Simon