Moving House

Smidsy
Level 2

So moving house soon and don’t want to be without net too long before or after the move.
Instead of a relocation am I able to open a new account at the new place (just stick a one on my username) and then when the new connection is active migrate my email addresses (main & 4 slaves) close the old account and drop the one off the new account to revert to my original user ID - both properties have NBN.
I did this when I was with iinet but that was iinet and it was years ago.

3 REPLIES 3
Angeli

Hi @Smidsy

We'll have our Change Team to assist you on your service relocation. They can also create a new account for you should you need the service immediately on the new address. Send us a PM with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll take it from there. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

Smidsy
Level 2

Angeli,
I just tried to PM you and I'm getting the error message "Authentication Failed.Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.".
If I do the relocation as a new account / close old account would I be subject to the one month notice period for closing the old account?
If that's the case I will just put it through toolbox as a relocation - I'm ex iistaff (tech/sales/billing) so I think I can manage that.
Regards
Smidsy

Angeli

Hi @Smidsy

Signing up for a new account to relocate and cancelling the old one will require you to give 30-day notice. Best that we arrange a callback with our moving home team to assist you. Send us a PM with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll take it from there. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli