TPG Community

Get online support

My Home NBN Connection was abruptly cut

sargon_k
Level 2

I am a long standing TPG customer and recently coming from ADSL 2+ to NBN HFC, I and my family were enjoying our uninteruptted 100/40 super speed service, until within a single day, whereby latencies and dropouts plagued the connection, resulting in a final dropout altogether. On Thursday 3/10/19, the latencies and dropouts were evident and observed by several members of my household. On Friday the connection was cut altogether. On Friday it was reported by myself to TPG on the telephone and then was escallated by TPG staff. I received am SMS to inform me that a technician will be sent to my residence on Monday between 8-12 to investigate the dropout.

My questions are simple, if only answered in a genuine manner-

Who is responsible for my NBN connection being unavailable for 3-4 days and during school holidays?

Why was I not notified by TPG of this interuption to my service, instead of me having to flag it?

Am I entitled to be compensated for the month, since I have paid up front for the service which entitles me to an uninteruppted service, unless otherwise informed in advance of any outages?

Is it within my rights as a TPG customer to request a detailed report from TPG of the escallation of this fault and what caused it and the actions taken to rectify it?

In conclusion, I seek a full resolution and fault rectification report from TPG and compensation for the month for the absence of service for 4 days and an official letter of apology. I hope that my encouraging post to TPG, will benefit all parties towards a more professional and efficient system that is transparent and informative. I am sure that this post could have been avoidable if we try and help one another to make it better for everyone.

2 REPLIES 2
sargon_k
Level 2
I hope that TPG understands my frustrations, since this could not have come at a worse time, during school Holidays. At least other providers offer an alternative service like their mobile network data during none planned disconnections like this, especially when the disruption is over a minimum 4 day period, with no guarantees of the problem being fixed on the fifth day. So one week disruption and disconnection is by no means a 24/48 hours response time and I ask what have I done wrong as a customer of TPG?

I like TPG and am a customer for over a decade. What is going on, please shed some light? My children are not happy during their school Holidays to have lost their internet. This is not good!
Daisy_Dhen

Hi @sargon_k

We apologize for the inconvenience of having your service interrupted, based on the latest report from NBN, the cause of the issue is their equipment located inside your house that required replacement. We can now see that your service is now up and running.

While we will always do our best to ensure that your service is running at an optimum, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service. What we can guarantee is that our technical team will always do it's best to have your service connectivity issue resolved as fast as possible.

Our technical team will contact you for any adjustments. Please let us know should you need further assistance.

Regards,

Dhen_S