TPG Community

Get online support

My LAN connection is named WIFi-5xxx Can this be changed

SOLVED Go to solution
mervcoop
Level 2

My LAN connection is named WIFi-5xxx which is a bit confusing as it is a cable to modem Can this be changed ?

Modem is a AC1600

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @mervcoop

Welcome to the Community!

That is indeed confusing. You should only see that if you're connected via WIFI. Is your computer running under Windows? If yes, can you post a screenshot of the Network Connections screen?

Regards,

Will

View solution in original post

Will
Hi @mervcoop

Thanks for the screenshot you provided via email. It appears you're referring to the Network Profile itself. This name is automatically created by Windows. This is not setting that you can change from the modem itself. From what I gathered, this may require editing the computer registry just to change it.

mervcoop
Level 2
Thanks for the info Not a big deal so will just live with it
🙄🙄

3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @mervcoop

Welcome to the Community!

That is indeed confusing. You should only see that if you're connected via WIFI. Is your computer running under Windows? If yes, can you post a screenshot of the Network Connections screen?

Regards,

Will

Will
Hi @mervcoop

Thanks for the screenshot you provided via email. It appears you're referring to the Network Profile itself. This name is automatically created by Windows. This is not setting that you can change from the modem itself. From what I gathered, this may require editing the computer registry just to change it.
mervcoop
Level 2
Thanks for the info Not a big deal so will just live with it
🙄🙄