TPG Community

Get online support

My NBN FTTN 50 connects at > 30Mbs

SOLVED Go to solution
sscratchie
Level 2

I'm 300 mtrs walk from my nearest node and 350 from another.

Current Rate (kbps) 8539, 29884

Max Rate (kbps) 8535, 30949

SNR Margin (dB) 5.7, 6.7

Line Attenuation (dB) 46.2, 24.7

Errors (pkts) 00

The line has been fixed™ twice? The connection from kerb to socket was faulty when I moved in. It rained too much and the pit developed a fault. Both have been fixed™.

The modem connects at ~29Mbs and off peak I get 28 Mbs on the TPG speed test.

My previous NBN 50 connected at 45+Mbs and averaged around 45Mbs on Okla. The node was 200 meters away. 

Edit It's all Malcom Turnbulls fault. TPG are just trying to deal with his failure. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @sscratchie ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help see the attainble speed of the NBN service, we'd like to confirm if the previous NBN50 plan you have is from different location/address.

To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@sscratchie wrote:

SNR Margin (dB) 5.7, 6.7

Errors (pkts) 00

The line has been fixed™ twice? The connection from kerb to socket was faulty when I moved in. It rained too much and the pit developed a fault. Both have been fixed™.

My previous NBN 50 connected at 45+Mbs and averaged around 45Mbs on Okla. The node was 200 meters away. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @sscratchie ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help see the attainble speed of the NBN service, we'd like to confirm if the previous NBN50 plan you have is from different location/address.

To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@sscratchie wrote:

SNR Margin (dB) 5.7, 6.7

Errors (pkts) 00