TPG Community

Get online support

My internet connection drops and light goes red in modem, issue occurring from last week

prasadprachu
Level 2

My internet connection drops and light goes red in modem, issue occurring from last week after some technicians were doing some maintenance work in front of our builiding.  My devices connected to wifi modem but no internet, Internet light goes to flashing green-->solid green-->solid red. When i restart my modem, everything come back to normal and working fine. But then the same issue occur after around 1 hour time.

I really dont want to do this restart over and over and need a permenant fix.

I tried calling TPG phone support and got tired of hearing the irritating automatic voice for 45 minutes plus, so i disconnected, hopefully i get some support here.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @prasadprachu,

Welcome to the community!

There are different cause of Transfer/Speed Issue that you may experience.

1. Sync Speed Issue, this speed issue is caused by a line fault on TPG (If you're with ADSL2+ or TPG-FTTB) or NBN's network (If you're with NBN service). Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Transfer Rate Issue, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed/Transfer Issues, this issue is caused by possible loose modem/router connection setup. This can be fixed by re-seating Ethernet cable if the device(s) is connected via LAN, re-seating the modem/router to the wall socket or changing the phone cable used from modem/router to the socket.

Note: You will need to test multiple speed test when you change Ethernet,Phone Cable to identify the caused of speed issue.

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.

In your case we've seen that that there has been a degradation to the sync speed of the modem/router, this can be solve by the following troubleshooting below.

• Re-seating Phone Cable of the modem/router going to the wall socket
  • Changing a different phone cable ( If available )
  • Isolating the modem/router ( If a Filter/Spliter is used)
  • Cleaning the phone port socket ( Make sure to clean the corroded area )

Let us knowhow it will go.

Cheers!