NBN 250

dejane
Level 2

Hello, with the rollout of the NBN 250 i was just wondering when is TPG going to bring these plans out ?

there is already aussiebroadband and superloop that offer this speed ....

12 REPLIES 12
Riezl

Hi @dejane,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Should there be any changes on the NBN plans that we offer, we'll surely post it on our website https://www.tpg.com.au/

Let us know should you have further queries.

flytiger
Level 2

Aussie Broadband

248 Mbps

Superloop

215 Mbps

Optus

215 Mbps

Telstra

215 Mbps

Tangerine Telecom

205 Mbps

iiNet

200 Mbps

Kogan Internet

200 Mbps

Internode

200 Mbps

MyRepublic

200 Mbps

when TPG will have NBN250?

Shane

Hi @flytiger,

We do not have information yet about faster NBN Plans, but we'll sure post an update when it becomes available on our Social Media Pages and here on the community.

Regards,

Aussie Broadband

248 Mbps

Superloop

215 Mbps

Optus

215 Mbps

Telstra

215 Mbps

Tangerine Telecom

205 Mbps

iiNet

200 Mbps

Kogan Internet

200 Mbps

Internode

200 Mbps

MyRepublic

200 Mbps

when TPG will have NBN250?

TheRealDonald
Level 3

Still nothing?? I am very interested in this. If TPG came out with a 250 plan, I would switch right away (provided the fee was reasonable of course).

BasilDV

Hi @TheRealDonald

Currently, we are in the testing phase for our NBN250, NBN500 and NBN1000 speed tier plan.

Once all of the necessary preparations are done, then it will be available for the current and future TPG customers.

Any updates will be posted on our Social media page and our website.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

TheRealDonald
Level 3

That is good news indeed. Looking forward to the new plans Smiley Happy

oparanjpe
Level 2
Hi, I was on NBN 100 plan and received a free upgrade to 250Mbps for 6 months and speed test consistently shows it reaches close to 250.
TheRealDonald
Level 3

Oh wow.. how did you score that?? Can't wait for the new plans!

needforsuv
Level 3

@oparanjpe wrote:
Hi, I was on NBN 100 plan and received a free upgrade to 250Mbps for 6 months and speed test consistently shows it reaches close to 250.

I did too, but since I was on their old 100/40 plan (89.99/month), it was really more of a sidegrade since I don't really notice the download improvement, but the upload (almost 40% slower) drop is much more noticeable.

FYI, I got about 270,000kbps or 266 there abouts.

Since this was (as far as I was concerned) an unannounced change, it did make me a bit upset, however a quick call to support sorted it out.

For the prices, I think you can just look at iinet and take off like $10 or so, since they are owned by tpg now, and DO have active 250/25 and whateverultrafastis(up to 250, or 500, or 1000?)/50perhaps(but I wouldn't know since they don't say on their site).

(Mini 'rant':      )
IMO, NBNCo should've just stuck with 100/40 as the NBN100 tier, since most ISPs I know of has since (late2019/mid2020) dropped their NBN100's to 100/20 without dropping the (undiscounted) price, and just had (NBNCo should've) 250/50 and 1000/100 as the budget super/ultra fast tiers. That way, going up from 100 to 250 would've been an upgrade all round, regardless of budget or not (250/100 and 1000/400 are the first high speed tiers), and even 250 full (250/100) to 1000 budget would've meant that upload wasn't slowed.

'Sidenote': Since (y)our upload/upstream is the receivers'/someoneelses' downstream, if you're streaming to youtube or something/someone for example, 25 on the 250/25 would only be like the standard nbn tier... so, yeah, just something to keep in mind...

You don't really notice much difference in download speeds going from 100 to 1000, since most sites (youtube, web downloads, excluding certain game launchers for obvious reasons) will limit you to somewhere below 250mbps (usually ~12-100mbps).

Why do I know? Because I've experienced 1000mbps or 1Gbps SYMMETRICAL (for ~40AUD/month) in Hong Kong coming from 100ish and whatever upload that is way better than 20mbps VDSL/FTTB (it was an apartment, and it was a VDSL modem, but I doubt the fibre stopped any further than the basement). Obviously, the upload was VERY noticable since it's almost always clear upstream and most servers/destinations you're sending the data to are geared for downloads to them (and what they send to you/you download, will probably be more compressed).