TPG Community

Get online support

NBN 50 Speed not delivery only 23mps max off-peak

SOLVED Go to solution
BasilDV

Hi @NBN50,

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and a Technician visit has been booked to help us with the investigation.

For NBN FTTN technology, NBN Co uses the existing copper wires from the Node going to the building MDF (Main Distribution Frame) or the first socket of a stand alone house. The quality of the copper wires and cable length can be a big factor which affects the internet sync speed. The technician will help us identify if the line can provide you more speed or if what you are currently getting is already the maximum that we can achieve.

Further updates will be given by our Engineering team. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

NBN50
Level 3

The technician comes in today and checks all the cable and telephone line using new modern and apparently the maximum speed is worst than my current modern. He said need to identify whether23 mbps is the maximum speed I’m getting and, also need to find the junction which would takes couple hours apparently he does not want to do it because 1 hour per customer??

Still could not identify the problems and provided a solution.

Why cant TPG increases the speed (e.g nbn100) to simply test out what is the maximum speed can be received at my premise.

Erika

Hi @NBN50,

We do not have control over the speed your modem is getting as it is governed by the distance from the exchange and line quality since the technology that is used for Fibre to the Node is VDSL type.

Our Engineering team will do our best to help improve the speed but your cable distance of 1078 meters typically will hinder us from providing you anything greater than 50 Mbps.

Nevertheless, I've checked on the notes on your account and can see that we are waiting for the documentation from the technician that has been dispatched today. Our engineers will be contacting you further once information becomes available. 

We will also be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates here where possible.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @NBN50,

It seems that the assigned engineer has arranged for another technician visit to investigate on this case further tomorrow, 26 April between 10:00am - 2:00pm. 

Our engineers will continue to monitor your case and will provide you updates once available. 

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Regards, 

NBN50
Level 3

Credit goes to the technician which help a lot with cabling. He is very professional and able to figure out the problem and reslove within reasonable time. I am pleased with the speed. 

mc
Level 3
Level 3
Hi NBN50,
What did the NBN Tech do as I am having even slower speeds (11mbps download and 2 mbps upload). A tech is coming to check out for me any time from now until 18.7.18.
Thanks.
Fiery
Level 4

This is so typical of TPG blame everyone else,, how about you TPG hold some accountability?   You're now one of Australia's MAJOR Internet Provideres.  Instead of buying up all of these smaller companies, how about you start listening to what your cusomers are saying.  And Yes I am a TPG customer, I am on the 50Mbps plan and I cannot pull down on a good day 21Mbps.

How about taking care of the Contetion Ratio and service your clients what they are paying yoy for.

Erika

Hi @Fiery

We've seen your comment and has replied on it.

Let us continue the discussion on your thread here to avoid redundancy and confusion.

Regards,