TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Cable Broadband Unlimited Superfast plan: Speed Issue.

Ylim
Level 2

Hi,

I am on the NBN Cable Broadband Unlimited Superfast plan, and it should be 200Mbps.  Earlier this week, my cable modem was replaced due to a thunder last week.  I checked my speed today and it is only 95Mbps...

I have tested my network during the NBN complimentry speed upgrade last year and no problem achieving 250Mbps.... So its is definitely not my network. I pay for 200Mbps but get 100Mbps?  Any advice??

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi Ylim,

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I'd love to help check the status of the service to better understand the situation. Send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

We also did an article that you may find helpful related to speed issues.

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Regards,

Hi,

I am on the NBN Cable Broadband Unlimited Superfast plan, and it should be 200Mbps.  Earlier this week, my cable modem was replaced due to a thunder last week.  I checked my speed today and it is only 95Mbps...

I have tested my network during the NBN complimentry speed upgrade last year and no problem achieving 250Mbps.... So its is definitely not my network. I pay for 200Mbps but get 100Mbps?  Any advice??