TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Constant dropout 2019

Robin
Level 2

Nbn has been on and off for months now. Every few minutes (between 5 min and 1 hour) the connection just stop and reset after 1-2 min. It is going worst every day now, reseting every 5-15 min.

I first thought I solved the problem by changing the SNTP because my modem (HuaweiHG659) was always an hour late: living in Melbourne I am supposed to be GMT+10 Melbourne, but changed to GMT+11 Magadan to get the actual time and the modem's to both match. It worked for a while but now it doesn't change anything.

For exemple, right now it is 10.32 PM in Melbourne and so, on my computer. But on my modem it is 9.32 PM even being synchronized with the GMT +10 Melbourne. (See picture attached)

I tried to just disable the SNTP, but still got the dropouts.

I still believe it is the main cause of the disconnections.

I rebooted, reset to factory, changed the channel, even cleaned the plugs and put a fan in front of the modem due to the late heat in here Melbourne. Same dropouts.

All my devices are affected, and having only one connected at a time doesn't change a thing.

I tried to find an update for the modem itself but I didn't find anything conclusif.

I was praising TPG 3 month ago because the service was perfect for a gamer like me, no dropouts and a very fast connection, it was amazing. But now it is hell I canot do anything, and I can't afford to use all my 4G data anymore so please help!

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @Robin,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account and have run some test with your TPG FTTB service, but was not able to detect any fault within the network as of the moment.

We'd like to look into it further with the help of our technical team. I'll arrange a call from one of them to test further your service. Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV