TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Constant dropouts, glitches + upload speed less than 1Mbps

djfreddy
Level 2

Hello,
Since 6th Nov, the NBN connection has been terrible, both on and off peak.
Constant dropouts/disconnections during downloads and streaming, ping spikes and glitches every couple of minutes that make online gaming impossible.
I've been monitoring the speed and noticed the upload has dropped from a constant ~11Mbps to between 0 and 1Mbps.
Link to speed test results below.
Speed test 

I've hard reset both the NBN modem and router, nothing has changed.

What info do you require from me to help move this issue towards a resolution?
Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @djfreddy,

Welcome to the community!

I am sad to learn that you're having issues with the upload speed of the service. I would love to help and geto the bottom of this.

There are different types of speed issues that you may experience:

1. Speed issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless Speed issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Speed issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, send me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can proceed with investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hello,
Since 6th Nov, the NBN connection has been terrible, both on and off peak.
Constant dropouts/disconnections during downloads and streaming, ping spikes and glitches every couple of minutes that make online gaming impossible.
I've been monitoring the speed and noticed the upload has dropped from a constant ~11Mbps to between 0 and 1Mbps.
Link to speed test results below.
Speed test 

I've hard reset both the NBN modem and router, nothing has changed.

What info do you require from me to help move this issue towards a resolution?
Thanks for your time.

djfreddy
Level 2

Thanks for your reply Shane, I saw a couple of your responses in other threads so I'm glad to be in touch.
I'll shoot you a private message, cheers.