NBN Experience

Adslv47b
Level 2
NBN Experience

No doubt speeds are superior to what we had available to us in the Mountains previously on ADSL. For us that’s where the benefit ends, we await an NBN technician for the 5th time since original install 01/07/20, each time requires NBN box replacement, following an electrical storm.

After the first time in October 2020 I installed an inline surge protector, still not enough to protect the box. Incidentally in more than 15 years no other electrical appliances have been lost in the house due to many lightning storms.

In the street it’s an ongoing issue for many, a neighbour down the road in March after having to wait more than a week for resolution the technician following yet another box replacement left them with 2 addition boxes as back up. The technician had others in the street to resolve while here. Earlier in March fixing ours the technition had others in the street to resolve after us.

It must be related to reusing parts of the old infrastructure and poor quality new infrastructure installation workmanship. Others in the wider mountains and people I talk to down the hill don’t have these issues. We had a 3 month delay following the original planned install in April 2020 because the Line installers completely missed installing the new infrastructure in the pit on the street adjacent to our house as well as splicing our old line into the NBN line; as a result because officially in April we were technically now on NBN we had no end of trouble with ADSL and home phone until proper correction of the new line.

NBN Co and Mrs and Mr Liberal government cheap is not cheap in the long run!!
NBN Co what is the real cost of a permanent fixes?
NBN Co when will there be a permanent fix for our street?
NBN Co when will people in the street be reimbursed for services not supplied (regular outages)?
1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Adslv47b,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we're sad to know that you had multiple issues with the NBN box. We'd love to help and raised this to our Engineering Team for urgent handling and investigation. To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

NBN Experience

No doubt speeds are superior to what we had available to us in the Mountains previously on ADSL. For us that’s where the benefit ends, we await an NBN technician for the 5th time since original install 01/07/20, each time requires NBN box replacement, following an electrical storm.

After the first time in October 2020 I installed an inline surge protector, still not enough to protect the box. Incidentally in more than 15 years no other electrical appliances have been lost in the house due to many lightning storms.

In the street it’s an ongoing issue for many, a neighbour down the road in March after having to wait more than a week for resolution the technician following yet another box replacement left them with 2 addition boxes as back up. The technician had others in the street to resolve while here. Earlier in March fixing ours the technition had others in the street to resolve after us.

It must be related to reusing parts of the old infrastructure and poor quality new infrastructure installation workmanship. Others in the wider mountains and people I talk to down the hill don’t have these issues. We had a 3 month delay following the original planned install in April 2020 because the Line installers completely missed installing the new infrastructure in the pit on the street adjacent to our house as well as splicing our old line into the NBN line; as a result because officially in April we were technically now on NBN we had no end of trouble with ADSL and home phone until proper correction of the new line.

NBN Co and Mrs and Mr Liberal government cheap is not cheap in the long run!!
NBN Co what is the real cost of a permanent fixes?
NBN Co when will there be a permanent fix for our street?
NBN Co when will people in the street be reimbursed for services not supplied (regular outages)?