TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTC Broadband SL Bundle 100 Issues

SOLVED Go to solution
nfairy
Level 2

My connection lately is lagging and is slower than usual loading webpages or downloading files. Streaming sometimes buffers now when for years it hasn't.
I'm using a wired connection. The cables are less than a meter in length and the router plugs directly into my PC.
I asked a while ago for the router to be updated, a thing that can only be done on your side with the provided TP Link routers, and since then the internet hasn't been the same consistency Smiley Sad

I've turned everything off and on again, I've tested on different devices etc. The speeds I'm getting are the same every day I do a test which is around 60Mbps, dropping as low as 30 at my worst test. That being said, the speedtest on the TPG app hasn't worked in weeks, however the connection checker one works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hey, @nfairy .

Let us help check what causing speed issues with the service and rectify this ASAP. Could you post a screenshot of the current speed test also send us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

My connection lately is lagging and is slower than usual loading webpages or downloading files. Streaming sometimes buffers now when for years it hasn't.
I'm using a wired connection. The cables are less than a meter in length and the router plugs directly into my PC.
I asked a while ago for the router to be updated, a thing that can only be done on your side with the provided TP Link routers, and since then the internet hasn't been the same consistency Smiley Sad

I've turned everything off and on again, I've tested on different devices etc. The speeds I'm getting are the same every day I do a test which is around 60Mbps, dropping as low as 30 at my worst test. That being said, the speedtest on the TPG app hasn't worked in weeks, however the connection checker one works fine.

View solution in original post

nfairy
Level 2

Hey Shane, as mentioned in the messages, the low speeds were due to a software issue from the firmware update a while back.

Factory reset the modem for 10 seconds, reconnected a single device to check that was the problem, reconnected the wifi devices and speedtested again fixed the problem. Back up to 90Mbps+ average again on multiple speedtest programs

Thanks again for your help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hey, @nfairy .

Let us help check what causing speed issues with the service and rectify this ASAP. Could you post a screenshot of the current speed test also send us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

nfairy
Level 2

PM Sent, thank you

nfairy
Level 2

Hey Shane, as mentioned in the messages, the low speeds were due to a software issue from the firmware update a while back.

Factory reset the modem for 10 seconds, reconnected a single device to check that was the problem, reconnected the wifi devices and speedtested again fixed the problem. Back up to 90Mbps+ average again on multiple speedtest programs

Thanks again for your help