TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN connection gone

SOLVED Go to solution
nick_tempest
Level 2
Hi

My new FTTN connection has been working well since it was connected about a month ago, until I just returned from 2 weeks on holiday last night and now cannot get the TPG-supplied modem (TP-Link Archer VR1600v) to connect at all. So far I have:

- changed the cable connecting the modem to the phone line,
- made a direct ethernet connection from the modem to my PC (was previously though a separate router),
- factory reset the modem, logged in to the web interface and updated login credentials.

After all this the modem still won't give a light for DSL or Internet and the "line status" in the TP-Link web interface says Disconnected.

Can someone please perform a port reset or investigate the issue for me ASAP as I require my internet to be able to work from home?

Thanks

Nick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @nick_tempest, we can see that the issue has been lodged to NBN Co. and the network has been reconfigured to restore the service.

With that being said, the connection appears to be up and running for more than 10 hours now. Our Engineering Team is still monitoring the case and will be in touch to confirm if the service is properly working.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @nick_tempest, thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot.

We have managed to locate an account using your community details and was able to check the status of your connection.

We have identified a possible cut on line, which is possibly causing the service disruption. Having said this, the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation and the case engineer will contact you within the day to discuss the progression of the case.

If you have a preferred contact details, please send it via private message. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @nick_tempest, we can see that the issue has been lodged to NBN Co. and the network has been reconfigured to restore the service.

With that being said, the connection appears to be up and running for more than 10 hours now. Our Engineering Team is still monitoring the case and will be in touch to confirm if the service is properly working.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

nick_tempest
Level 2
Thanks for all your help and the speedy turnaround! It looks like our connection is back online and working properly at close to the maximum speed for our plan.

Cheers

Nick
Riezl

You're very much welcome, @nick_tempest. 🙂

Should there be any issues, feel free to drop us a message. Cheers!