I have a HFC NBN connection on the NBN 100 plan. we are experiencing problems with the internet where is will drop out and wont come back on until the router and NBN box is reset.
We will get 80+mbps down and 20 up thewn the connection will drop out to 50kbps or zero until you power down everything and leave it for a minute and then start it back up.. it will be ok for the morning for 2-3 hours and then you will have to restart the unit 4 or 5 time in the afternoon and evening.
10 restarts today so far.
i have tried the following
- Turn off wireless and connect laptop directly to the router (same issue)
- Replace network cable between NBN box and TPG Router (same issue)
- Restart TPG router and not NBN router (same Issue)
- Restart the NBN box and not the Router (temporary Fix)
- press reset buttons on both units (temprary Fix) sometime 5 minutes sometime longer
- Install new Router (non TPG) (same Issue )
- left powerd down for a couple of hours (same issue)
All the lights on the router and NBN box are normal. all green on NBN BOX
Tried to call the call center but they direct you to the chat, and the chat wont let you connect as it says its busy.. This problem has been going for over 2 weeks now..
would appreciate any assistance to get this sorted.
Still no change to the situation, internet works perfectly for 3 hours this morning and is now unuseable..we have reset the modem twice now and you get another 15-20 minutes before it cuts out again ..
would appreciate any assistance or a moderator to pass on my issue to engineering as the TPG chat and phone are not operational.
Welcome to the Community!
For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.
We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage
In your case, we've detected a fault within the NBN network and escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation. An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.