NBN HFC Dropping Out

SOLVED Go to solution
PeterW

Hello Tom,

Thank again for your message, I think I'm sharing your frustration in getting this resolved.

I can't answer the contradictions from NBN, all I can do is work on from their result. The reason I requested a 2nd visit was the photo you sent me last week had only had 2 lights on.

Another concern I had was I got the impression both your NBN and your landline were still working independently of each other.

Today I have requested a new modem be sent to you. Unfortunelately due to Covid-19 our processes in resolving these issues are taking longer and I apologise for the frustration that has caused.

I hope you will receive the new modem within a few days.

Regards

PeterW

george7
Level 3

Okay we will wait for the router and advise from there. Would appreciate if you could PM me which address this is getting sent to and any info on delivery tracking. Thanks

george7
Level 3

Support has gone quiet. No indication that we are receiving a replacement router or modem. Still getting dropouts frequently most days.

Have logged another fault with support, ticket 10477201.

luisc

Hi,

It seems our technical support is trying to get another visit. We have received your request about a loan modem, Thanks for your patience

Phil2
Level 3

I'm having the exact same issue. NBN technician came, removed an extension cable and assured us it was resolved –it was not. We keep having the same issues described above

RajenS

Hi @Phil2 

Hi @Phil2 

I spoked to your case manager, and they didn't close your ticket with NBN, it was under Monitoring, 

also attached, my findings to your existing ticket, it will lodge back to NBN, 

until we see your connection is stable, the case will not be closed 

Thanks 
Rajen 

george7
Level 3

The 4th NBN engineer came and checked the cables. Instead of just performing a health check from his device he also looked at the infrastructure on the street. He said that a lot of HFC is 10-20 year old cabling as this is typically used by Foxtel/Cable users. He replaced some connectors from the street side which appeared to be very old.

That was a week ago, haven't had a dropout since. Fingers crossed.

Phil2
Level 3

Thanks for sharing –I'll request a similar check of the HFC infrastructure coming from the street.

RajenS

Hi @george7 

So happy to hear, we solved the NBN fault, 

Thanks 
Rajen