TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC intermittent drop outs

sszalla
Level 2

I've been having intermittent drop outs for months. In the past few weeks I logged a couple of cases with TPG and various thing were tried, such as resetting the NBN modem, resetting my WIFI router, replacing ethernet cables, etc. The connection would be stable for a few days and then start misbehaving again.

TPG finally sent out an engineer who changed some settings in my router. He suggested that if that didn't fix it, the problem could be in the router hardware and I should consider replacing it. Sure enough, it started misbehaving again so I replaced the router with a Tp-link Deco mesh and for a few days all has been well.

This afternoon the intermittent drop outs started again. Drop outs can be anything from unusably slow speed to devices reporting no internet at all. The lights on the NBN modem are always steady. Looking at similar cases it appears the problem might be with the HFC connection. How do I get someone to check it?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, @sszalla 

Let us help and have a look at how we can rectify the dropouts you experienced with the service. Could you flick me a message with your details?

How to send a PM?

Regards,

I've been having intermittent drop outs for months. In the past few weeks I logged a couple of cases with TPG and various thing were tried, such as resetting the NBN modem, resetting my WIFI router, replacing ethernet cables, etc. The connection would be stable for a few days and then start misbehaving again.

TPG finally sent out an engineer who changed some settings in my router. He suggested that if that didn't fix it, the problem could be in the router hardware and I should consider replacing it. Sure enough, it started misbehaving again so I replaced the router with a Tp-link Deco mesh and for a few days all has been well.

This afternoon the intermittent drop outs started again. Drop outs can be anything from unusably slow speed to devices reporting no internet at all. The lights on the NBN modem are always steady. Looking at similar cases it appears the problem might be with the HFC connection. How do I get someone to check it?