TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Modem online light flashing no internet

3qu1n0x3
Level 3
As per the title. NBN Modem HFC upstream and downstream solid green with online light flashing. Both NBN outages and TPG outages report no issues however there is no internet.

Is anyone else having the same outage issues as me?
3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @3qu1n0x3,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

I've checked your service and have detected dropouts however, we are not sure yet what's causing it. The connection issue is now raised to our Engineering team for investigation. Please ensure to keep the modem powered on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

canada95
Level 2
This is happening to me. The online light is flashing. All others are on.

The TPG modem has been reset.

What do I do from here
Ahra_G

Hi @canada95

Have you completely lost your internet connection? For customers experiencing connection issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID or username so we can take a look at your connection.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G