NBN Not Working

Chestnut69
Level 2
Hello,
My NBN connection has dropped and cannot find any outage listed. I'm located within the area of severe storm that passed through Sydney yesterday so possibly associated to that incident. Out for 12hrs + so far
Please advise?
3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @Chestnut69 

Welcome to the Community!

Your service is affected by an NBN outage in the area. This was reported by NBNCo yesterday (Nov 26) at 2:30PM AEDT. The outage impacts 1231 users and it was due to a local power outage.

Based on the 7:16AM AEDT update of NBNCo today, the local power company has informed NBNCo that the power outage estimated restore time is difficult to provide due to the complexity of the repairs. Althought the power is gradually being restored,  some areas are still affected due to the outage and the power company is continually working on restoring the power in these areas.

That being said, I have raised this case to our Monitoring Team. Once the issue is resolved or an update is available, you will be notified via SMS.

Regards,

Will

Will

Hi @Chestnut69,

Just to give you an update on the outage, NBNCo last posted at 8:47PM AEDT yesterday (Nov 27) informing us that the power companies are still working to restore power and repair damaged power lines. The power company has not provided an updated ETR due to the complex nature of the damage to the power infrastructure.

Will

Hi @Chestnut69

NBNCo has already tagged the outage as resolved yesterday (Nov 30) at 5:50PM AEDT. Your modem has been connected as well for 22hours already.

Let us know if you still require technical assistance.