NBN Plan Upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
Greg_121
Level 3

Hi,
I am currently connected to the NBN via FTTP with a UNI-V phone connection and battery backup.

My current no lock-in contract plan with TPG ($89.99) is the 500 GB plan (NBN Broadband L Bundle 100/40) with 250 GB download/upload during Peak Times with a 250 GB during Off-Peak times. All standard local and national phone calls are included.

I have been on this plan since 01 October 2016.

I am now considering upgrading to the Unlimited Data NBN 100 plan with the OZ TALK voice add on for a total of $99.99 per month and have the following questions:

1) The change of plan fee (same location) is $0 ?

2) Will I retain my UNI-V phone connection and NOT be required to switch to VOIP ?

3) When would be the best time in the current month to enable the upgrade ?

4) My current equipment is working perfectly (NO VOIP) and therefore would I require an equipment upgrade?

5) Will I definitely retain my UNI-V phone connection?

Thank You for your help in this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Greg_121

We're glad that you've considered upgrading to the unlimited data plan.

To answer your query:

1) The change of plan fee (same location) is $0 ? Yes, there's no charge for changing your NBN plan.

2) Will I retain my UNI-V phone connection and NOT be required to switch to VOIP ? NBN uses VoIP technology to provide you the bundled phone service. You will use the same setup as it is already configured as VoIP. (Same UNI-V phone connection)

3) When would be the best time in the current month to enable the upgrade ? The usual activation of the new plan may take within 4 to 24 hours once it was lodged. You may process the change of plan anytime you want, since any unused portion of your current billing will be used towards the new plan.

4) My current equipment is working perfectly (NO VOIP) and therefore would I require an equipment upgrade? No, you'll use the same equipment available.

5) Will I definitely retain my UNI-V phone connection? Yes, as it will not be taken out.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @Greg_121

We're glad that you've considered upgrading to the unlimited data plan.

To answer your query:

1) The change of plan fee (same location) is $0 ? Yes, there's no charge for changing your NBN plan.

2) Will I retain my UNI-V phone connection and NOT be required to switch to VOIP ? NBN uses VoIP technology to provide you the bundled phone service. You will use the same setup as it is already configured as VoIP. (Same UNI-V phone connection)

3) When would be the best time in the current month to enable the upgrade ? The usual activation of the new plan may take within 4 to 24 hours once it was lodged. You may process the change of plan anytime you want, since any unused portion of your current billing will be used towards the new plan.

4) My current equipment is working perfectly (NO VOIP) and therefore would I require an equipment upgrade? No, you'll use the same equipment available.

5) Will I definitely retain my UNI-V phone connection? Yes, as it will not be taken out.

BasilDV

Greg_121
Level 3

Hi BasilDV,

Thank you. I have now requested an upgrade.

All the best,

Greg_121

Level 2

Please call me on 0404 779 385

hongliu1977
Level 2

Hi 

I would like to upgrade my home NBN internet plan to $70 per monthly auto payment.

Thanks