TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Slow and dropout

alan_chan55
Level 3

Hi

I have been waiting for TPG to call since yesterday after the SMS above . I just got another SMS

61 416 906 330
TPG: We tried calling you but unable to reach you. You can call us back at 13 14 23 [option 2+2] and our technical team will be happy to assist you.

My Reply

15:07 (10 minutes ago)
to me
Funny my phone is not used and I never had an income call. Why don't you try now. Looks like all you have done is sending sms and don't bother calling.  Wonder if you are really trying in your customer service

I have a caller ID and my last call was last night and call the home number and it checked out serviceable.  There is no evicence of a call except an SMS. Perhaps when you SMS you might just request for a call back.  Some times you should try calling TPG and see how long you have to wait in the que

It makes me wonder when I reported this problem about 6 weeks ago, the speed went up to 47 to 52 and the system was quite stable for 3 weeks and it dropped to 25 to 38 and some days as low as 16. When the speed drops the internet dropped out. This what I had the last 4 days and the speed was 25 to 36

15.30 speed test was 49. I supposed your standard answer is that all is back to normal and the case is closed. As long as I can get over 40 speed the internet is quite stable. when the speed drops to below 30 drop occurs very frequently

The question is what is the industry speed for NBN 50. Certain days the speed holds over 18 hours

Alan Chan

BasilDV

Hi @alan_chan55

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We've chased this with our Tech team and someone will be in touch with you within the day.

BasilDV

alan_chan55
Level 3

Hi Basil

I am still waiting for your TPG Tech to call since 04 Nov 2020. At 20.20 to 20.35 I had two drop out resulting in Whatapp call  and Trunk call cut off.  Looks like your TPG Technical team which you have no control do not share the same sentiment as you when you said they will call with the day

I contact an NBN Engineer to ask for answers. What I have learned is NBN provide the cable and the connection to the NBN box to each location at a speed of 100 mbps and the service provide than on sell the Broad Band service tailored to their market ranging from 10 to 100mbps. In my application of  NBN50, the service provider than regulate the out put from the modem to whatever plan. I am getting speed as low as 18 mbps and frequent drop out

To date I have asked the same question what is the acceptable industry speed for NBN50. If I can not get an answers from TPG I might have to asked my Ombusman.

So far I have two SMS from TPG saying they failed to reach me on the phone and I asked me to message back a time which I did on the 04 Nov.  and again to day. Just for the record I do not have any TPG phone numbers recorded on my phone caller i/d. It either your staff is extremely busy in the past 2 days or that the best level of service TPG can provide.

I also understand from the NBN engineer that there is nothing very much the TPG Tech can do if the NBN speed is control by TPG in house when you run out of capacity something has to give which is very evident now

My past encounters with your tech call centre was they just want to get rid of me in a big hurry and close the case after the speed is set to 48 mbps.  Given the ran around after reporting a fault is really rubbing salt into the wound. 

Perhaps you can get me some answers-  what is an acceptable industry speed for NBN 50. Surely 20 mbps and internet dropping out if not what I paid for

Alan

BasilDV

Hi @alan_chan55

Our Tech team tried to call you a few times to no avail.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today and will arrange it once again.

BasilDV

alan_chan55
Level 3
Hi Basil
I check my caller ID and there is only one in coming from Sydney today at 13.17. I also have call forwarding to my mobile if the line line is busy. Funny there was no record of incoming or call forward to my mobile.

I am home from now till 17.00 to day and am I expecting a call. 83383223

Alan
BasilDV

Hi @alan_chan55

Our Tech team has escalated your case with our Engineers for further investigation and updates will be given within 24 to 48 hours via SMS or phone call as soon as it becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

alan_chan55
Level 3
Hi Basil
Your phone call arrangement before 17.00 was a non event. I can understand why did not want to call as they don't control the flow. If you can maintain above 40 Mbps speed I reckon all this will be solved.

Its all the drop in speed below 25 Mbps and the connection becomes unstable and dusconnects

May I again ask TPG what is the industry speed for NBN50 as I will sure an answer from you or my Ombudsman

Alan
Riezl

Hi @alan_chan55 , we can see that your concern has been escalated to our Engineering Team. We have made a follow up and we'll make sure that a Case  Engineer will contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised through SMS or phone call. Kindly await further updates within the day.

alan_chan55
Level 3
Hi
You have not answered my question yet. What is the industry speed expected for TPG NBN50 which your customers are paying for.

I have asked this question three months ago. I have waited for TPG to call since 04 Nov. That's speaks of the standard of your service

Alan

alan_chan55
Level 3

Hi

Many thanks for arranging the phone call from your Engineer Ram. I am again very greatly puzzled when he again told me that he was not able to get me on my mobile even after I gave you my land line as contact.

I asked my neighbour ro call my mobile and the called came through. Let me ask how I got from 61 416 906 330 at 09.14 with the same SMS if my mobile is not serviceable. Looks like all your so call TPG calls are just SMS to ask your customer to call you back.  Is this your mode of operation. You should try calling TPG and you will understand your customers'  sentiments

Just to update you, your Engineer suspected that the drop out may be cause by a power interruption which is most unlikely. He has asked to move the power plug to the main instead of using the power board extension. He will monitor the drop out for the next 24 hours. You can rest assure that there is no fault found and the case will be closed. The Speed now is 53.2 Mbps as at 11.15

Spoken to a telecommunication engineer and here is how he explains:

NBN provide 100 mbps to the wall and TPG regulates the speed to your bundle. For a NBN50 the will trim the speed to 50mbps. Like a water pipe when the demand is up the pressure and flow rate will drop to a stage that there is no flow. His remark was there is a possiblity that the telco may not have oversold the capacity. This is where your engineers do not have a technical fix

As you customer I can handle techical issues once in a while but poor service when you SMS your customer about missed calls which did not happened and notification of a call back since 04 Nov till 08 Nov, dont you agree that your just giving us the run around

By the way I am still waiting for an answer for the same questions asked three months ago:

What is the industry speed your customer should get for the NBN50

Many thanks again

Alan