TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Smart TV wireless connection

SOLVED Go to solution
brooksys
Level 2

Hi

I have a 2011 65 inch Panasonic smart TV through which I have been accessing the internet wirelessly via a Netgear Wireless Adapter WNCE2001. I had been doing this without issue for some years but recently changed my internet plan to an TPG NBN plan. AS part of this change I received a new Huawei HG658 gateway modem and now my TV can no longer find my internet connection or communicate with the new modem, despite using the Netgear adapter.

Can you advise if there is some other Adapter I require to enable me to communicate with the NBN network or any other advice you can give me to enable me to connect with the NBN? I've tried everything I can think of and your help would be most appreciated urgently.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @brooksys,

Thank you for the update. We did confirm that it's your wireless adapter that needs to be changed.

All wireless adapters should work as long as it can detect the Wi-Fi connection that your modem is broadcasting. You can look into the reviews of the brand and model that you are looking to purchase. Customers' experience on the product should help you decide on what to buy.

Should you need any assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @brooksys,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Have you tried the troubleshooting on this link?

We don't want you to buy a new wireless adapter right away since it was working fine before. You can also try to activate the hotspot of your mobile phone, then try to connect your TV to make sure that the adapter is still working. If it is able to connect to it, then try the troubleshooting on the link that I provided. If not, that maybe the time to upgrade your wireless adapter.

Please keep us posted on what will happen.

Cheers!

brooksys
Level 2
Hi thanks for that. I have tried all of the troubleshooting ideas with still no result and dont seem to be able to get my tv to interact with the adapter or router, so probably need to try a new adapter. Can you advise if there is any recommended adapter for use with the Huawei router?

Thank you
BasilDV

Hi @brooksys,

Thank you for the update. We did confirm that it's your wireless adapter that needs to be changed.

All wireless adapters should work as long as it can detect the Wi-Fi connection that your modem is broadcasting. You can look into the reviews of the brand and model that you are looking to purchase. Customers' experience on the product should help you decide on what to buy.

Should you need any assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

KlausMikaelson
Level 2

indeed you need to change the adapter, it's so obvious. Still i am happy you got the solution.