TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Ultrafast - Slow Speed - 1 month Issue

SOLVED Go to solution
Deathshead
Level 2

I have been a TPG customer for more than 3.5 years and TPG have always provided great service, without anything to complain about until recently.

About a month ago, I moved to a new location which has FTTP connection, same as my previous location and due to some delay in transfer and setup TPG nullified my previous account and set me up with a new one. It was supposed to be 100MBPS for a few days, after which they would upgrade me to the Ultrafast package. It took them about a week to set everything in motion, however, even after the upgrade my "Ultrafast" speeds are capped at 100 MBPS (Download), whilst the Upload is within nominal range.

As of today, it has been 1 month & 2 days and the issue has still not been resolved. Over the course of the while I have conducted way too many speed tests than I care to remember, in all mediums, Wired (from router/modem), Wireless 5Ghz and even created a Dial-Up (direct PPPOE) from the NBN box all to no avail. I am a technically sound guy and have been communicating with the engineers, but no resolution has been reached so far.

We thought it was a fault on NBN's end, but their tests kept coming back clean, week after week. After a whole month NBN did manage to send one of their technicians who checked that everything was normal and operation, yet he replaced my NBN box and installed a new one. Still, the issue persists!!

I was getting at least 500 MBPS in my previous house, if I was directly connected via the Ethernet or 220-300 MBPS on 5GHz Wi-Fi and following are the speeds I manage to achieve:
Wi-Fi 5Ghz speed test -

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 18-27-33 Speedtest Custom - Test your internet speeds.png

Router direct connection speed test -

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 18-45-50 Speedtest Custom - Test your internet speeds.png

I am super disappointed and disheartened by the support provided, and I have paid for a service that I have not received for a whole month. This is my final shot, I hope somebody can finally lay this matter to rest for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deathshead
Level 2

Turns out TPG is extremely incompetent and does not even respond to customer's queries and just makes us around incessant hoops.

After waiting by for a whole month + I filed for a canellation and switched providers because TPG have no idea how to treat customers or provide service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

It is strange that for some odd reason the speed was capped. Let us have a look and chase this with our Engineers. To better understand the progress of the escalated fault could you send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

I have been a TPG customer for more than 3.5 years and TPG have always provided great service, without anything to complain about until recently.

About a month ago, I moved to a new location which has FTTP connection, same as my previous location and due to some delay in transfer and setup TPG nullified my previous account and set me up with a new one. It was supposed to be 100MBPS for a few days, after which they would upgrade me to the Ultrafast package. It took them about a week to set everything in motion, however, even after the upgrade my "Ultrafast" speeds are capped at 100 MBPS (Download), whilst the Upload is within nominal range.

As of today, it has been 1 month & 2 days and the issue has still not been resolved. Over the course of the while I have conducted way too many speed tests than I care to remember, in all mediums, Wired (from router/modem), Wireless 5Ghz and even created a Dial-Up (direct PPPOE) from the NBN box all to no avail. I am a technically sound guy and have been communicating with the engineers, but no resolution has been reached so far.

We thought it was a fault on NBN's end, but their tests kept coming back clean, week after week. After a whole month NBN did manage to send one of their technicians who checked that everything was normal and operation, yet he replaced my NBN box and installed a new one. Still, the issue persists!!

I was getting at least 500 MBPS in my previous house, if I was directly connected via the Ethernet or 220-300 MBPS on 5GHz Wi-Fi and following are the speeds I manage to achieve:
Wi-Fi 5Ghz speed test -

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 18-27-33 Speedtest Custom - Test your internet speeds.png

Router direct connection speed test -

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 18-45-50 Speedtest Custom - Test your internet speeds.png

I am super disappointed and disheartened by the support provided, and I have paid for a service that I have not received for a whole month. This is my final shot, I hope somebody can finally lay this matter to rest for me.

Deathshead
Level 2

Thanks, I appreciate that. Following are my details:

Username - Deathshead (same as my community account name)
Customer ID - xxxxx
Ticket No. - #xxxxx

Looking forward to a positive response.

Shane

We're able to locate the account and confirmed that the issue has been escalated to NBNCo.  at the moment our Engineering Team is awaiting the completion of rebuilding a new account. We understand that our Engineers has reached you yesterday and explained details about the rebuild. 

We will chase this with them to highly prioritse this ongoing investigation, expect new updates when it becomes available. 

Thanks, I appreciate that. Following are my details:

Username - Deathshead (same as my community account name)
Customer ID - xxxxx
Ticket No. - #xxxxx

Looking forward to a positive response.

Deathshead
Level 2

So I have just received a call from one of the TPG technicians who mentioned that the account rebuild was complete.

The issue still persists.... He suggested that I downgrade my plan. That is just not acceptable and really poor on TPG's part.

I do not know why these issues are there in the first place when on other threads with the same issue, they were able to get their speeds back up.

Any more advice or help on this matter?

Deathshead
Level 2

Turns out TPG is extremely incompetent and does not even respond to customer's queries and just makes us around incessant hoops.

After waiting by for a whole month + I filed for a canellation and switched providers because TPG have no idea how to treat customers or provide service.