NBN Upload Speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
pmg008
Level 2

Can somebody tell me what the average upload speed is for FTTN on the NBN50 bundle is please? Seem to broadcast load and proud the DL speeds, not so much the UL speeds Smiley Sad

Please and thank you. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @pmg008,

We no longer provide an indication of upload speeds as part of the product specification, however, I can advise you that the TPG plan NBN50 (Fast) is configured on the nbn50 Wholesale Plan tier with 20Mbps upload.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

delmon
Level 2
10 REPLIES 10
Will

Hi @pmg008,

We no longer provide an indication of upload speeds as part of the product specification, however, I can advise you that the TPG plan NBN50 (Fast) is configured on the nbn50 Wholesale Plan tier with 20Mbps upload.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Will

Hi @delmon,

The upload speed that you're getting is not normal for an NBN50 plan. I had to run some tests and check our network board for anything that may have caused the result that you're getting.

From what I gathered, there's an ongoing maintenance done by NBNCo that started on June 18 at 7AM AEST and expected to end tomorrow (June 21) at 3PM AEST. Now, the upload issue you're having may or may not be related to the maintenance being done by NBNCo but it does give me a failing status on the tests that I performed on your connection.

That being said, did you run the speed test via a WIFI connection or using a computer/ laptop hardwired to the modem? If it's the former, can you try and run the test using a hardwired computer?

If the upload speed is still low on hardwired connection, then it would be best for us to wait first for the maintenance to be cleared before we perform additional troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

delmon
Level 2

Laptop via Ethernet Cable

pmg008
Level 2
Thank you 🙂
Will

Thanks for confirming @delmon. At least we can say that the upload issue you've raised is not WIFI-related only.

At this point, we'll have to wait first for the ongoing maintenance of NBNCo to be completed. Please test your connection again tomorrow after 3PM AEST. Let us know how it goes.

delmon
Level 2
Shane

Hi @delmon,

Thanks for the additional details. Please reboot the modem/router for 3-5mins and re-run another speed test. If the speed test result is the same, we may need to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

delmon
Level 2